The MT-07 Forum

Asaulo1 Ride Report

asaulo1

just a quick update on this... took the fz yesterday for a full shakedown... 258 miles thru twisty mtn roads. if you're familiar with So. Cal. bike scene, you probably know of ACH or better known as Angeles Crest Hwy. I met up with one of my old ninja 300 forum peeps and we headed up ACH to Newcomb's ranch. I told him I was going to take it easy since I was still scrubbing the tires as well as still trying to get familiar with my new bike. We started off and as soon as the rode freed up, so did the pace. What's funny is that I wasn't even trying to go fast but the FZ was just so easy to ride and the torque is just everywhere that I just stuck it in 4th and was content in twisting the throttle to catch up to him on the straights. It took me about 7-10 miles but I finally rode it like I usually ride my ninja up there and it was absolutely a blast... i ended up leaning it all over the place and managed to scrape the right peg which freaked me out a bit.
here's a few more observations after that fun/awesome ride

1. Power - the fz is just so torquey that being in 4th pretty much covered what i needed to be in almost "pull over" pace.... I can hear my buddy going up and down his gears thru different turns and I was just throttling it thru the same turns....

2. suspension - it feels a little more planted than what I expected for an upright bike. Mind you, the ninja 300 wasn't perfect in terms of suspension setup for these twisty mtn roads but I can say that the suspension on the fz, albeit softer, felt more planted thru the turns even on almost full boil....

3. Comfort - I guess the almost 260 miles in a day ride is a testament to the comfort of this bike. You can literally ride this thing all day and it just feels like you took a cruise down the street.

4. Sound - I guess this is where it kind of lacks something. The growl when you crack the throttle is okay but not really aggressive sounding. Like I said, the akropovic exhaust system that should be coming out soon would take care of that but at a price.

All in all, it was an awesome ride that gave me the opportunity to learn more of the bike. It certainly is a different bike than the ninja but is definitely a fun ride with just the power to keep you both entertained and fearful as well if you're gonna be a hooligan... Cheers!

7ysuzusu.jpg

a7ujy9ag.jpg

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

here's a quick video of my "shakedown ride" of the FZ on Saturday... pardon the sound... just turn down the volume since it's all wind noise anyway.... lol

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

missourifz07

Looks like a great ride...only motorcycles and super cars allowed! I'd post some video of me passing corn fields and tractors but...I don't want to make anyone jealous ;)

Archived