The MT-07 Forum

New Rider and waiting for delivery

chaos32

Hi everybody, I'm from the Los Angeles area in SoCal and I finished the MSF course about a month ago and now I am waiting for my White FZ-07 to be delivered to the dealer. I put a deposit about a week ago and they said it should be there about mid-August but no exact date yet, hopefully soon. I've been hearing that the FZ-07 is a good bike to start on so I am excited and can't wait. Once the bike comes in I will definitely post pictures. 

• Global Moderator

Welcome to the forum. You will love the bike. I just got mine last week and am having a blast.

• Global Moderator

Nice ! Congrats and welcome.

People (not you) keep saying that the FZ-07 is a great starter bike which is true. But is by no means a beginner bike like some might think. It might be light but it's a serious bike with powerful 700cc engine. It should not be underestimated. It won't bore you anytime soon. I am sure you are going to love it.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome chaos32! How exciting you'll be getting your bike soon! I love the white color; it was my second choice after red. Did you take the msf course on a Honda rebel or similar? This bike will knock your socks off! You will love it, just be careful since you are a new rider. It's a powerful bike. Looking forward to pics!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

I agree with the above comments. It is a powerful bike, but it is very predictable. If you treat it with respect it will not bite. I am almost never at full throttle and I still have a blast. There is a lot more performance in the bike than I am using yet. I could not be happier with it.

During the MSF course I was on a Ninja 250 and it was a fun bike to ride, the bent clutch lever kinda annoyed me, but I learned a lot there. When I first get the FZ-07 I plan to go to an open parking lot and ride around to get a feel of the bike before I take it to the streets. Thank you very much for welcoming me to the community and if you have any tips or suggestions I'll be glad to hear them.

• 1 month later...

It has been a long wait but I finally got the fz07, worth it though. Well I actually got it about 1 weeks ago. I am enjoying the bike very much and has been a pleasure to learn on. I went an empty parking lot a couple times practicing what I went through during the msf course. I am still having trouble with downshifting but once in a while I would get a smooth downshift. I guess it's just practice practice practice. Also I decided to get the red one instead because when I saw it in person I knew I had to get that one.

mbBt9R5.jpg

• Global Moderator

That's a good looking bike, congrats.
Don't worry, it will grown on you. Good idea to practice. Before you know you won't even think about shifting and such, it will become natural.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Congratulations and good color choice! Red will do that to you, be sure to vote here because red is the fastest color. 

Illegitimi non carborundum

Archived