The MT-07 Forum

OMG I love my Windscreen Helmet Combo Now

databyter

• Premium Member

I have the VStream, sport touring size. I did a review of it on this site somewhere. Of course a medium tall windscreen adds a lot of wind at the top because it diverts the middle air above and to the sides. THe VStream does this very SMOOTHLY because of it's shape, but still my poor HJC helmet was getting a lot of wind resistance in some positions and a lot of noise.

Enter my new SHOEI GT AIR. DAMMNNN. This thing is really aerodynamic. I can turn my head sideways SO much easier. IT's so light, and when I am behind my VStream Windscreen in ANY position, there is no buffeting or excessive noise. Not to say it is a Quiet helmet, there is a lot of vents n stuff and it is built light. But damn, in this cold with this helmet and the screen and my new insulated gloves I almost feel like I am in a damn car. I found myself taking curves on the freeway this morning at 100 MPH because I thought I was going 80ish. It's such a comfortable combo that when I tuck in I feel like I am completely protected now without the vibrations I was getting from the HJC. I thought it was the screen throwing turbulence, but it was the helmets inability to handle that much air and velocity. THe new helmet takes that smooth VStream air stream, and lets it slide right by like butter.

Between getting my rear end straightened out and some new cold weather gear, I am ready to do some mountain riding, finally!

Databyter

Databyter

• Premium Member
Photo?
Well, here is the review I did on the VStream. It is a bit photo shy, but there are a few. I was mostly trying to show the bracket that holds it. I needed to have a few aesthetics shots from different angles. 

http://fz07.org/thread/3381/review-vstream-sport-touring-windscreen

If you mean the helmet, just google SHOEI GT AIR and there are tons of pics.

Databyter

I have the sport one in black looks beautiful.
I had the Givi wind screen before but after my crash it broke and now it's winter so no real data yet on difference.

I just put the Givi dark smoke windscreen on my bike. It is mostly for looks. It helps deflect some of the wind off of my midsection. Although, it directs it right to my neck. It looks great, while still making it look naked.

Archived