The MT-07 Forum

2015 Indian Scout

hobbs

• Premium Member

Anyone check this out yet? Yeah, it's a cruiser, but I've always wanted a vintage Indian. I would consider the Scout the Sportster Slayer once it's out.

558 lbs, a claimed 100hp, not sure on torque, 25" seat height and style for miles.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/08/03/2015-indian-scout-cruiser-review-first-look-photos-pricing-specifications/

15co5ua.jpg
166ao3b.jpg
24cshat.jpg

Everything went braap.

Some angles make it look like a Honda Sabre from the custom line. Motorcyckeusa just had a as turgid video review, seems like a nice bike. Would definitely take over a sporty.

To me it looks just like the Victory Gunner with a longer front fender and gray paint

I can't see paying what they would likely ask for it either

• Global Moderator

It is $10,999. Enough to buy a FZ-07, all your gear a year of insurance and still have money left over. I am starting to think I am not there target market :). It does look pretty good though.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

That's a sweet lookin' ride. Put some fringed saddlebags on it and it would be perfect!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

I'm not 'into' the cruiser world but I was just reading up on it a bit. Indian went bankrupt in 1953. Polaris bought the brand in 2011 and relocated all operations. They also make Victory motorcycles. Aren't the Indians just redesigned or rebranded Victories?

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

A new motorcycle dealer opened up in our town this summer; they only sell Victory and Indian brands so that's probably true. Both bikes are absolutely beyond gorgeous!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

They're still designed and built by Polaris. But, it would typically be an entirely different sector and group of brains doing it under the umbrella of the same company. Not to say it gets more or less attention - that would be determined by dept budget and overhead costs.

It could be like Honda & Acura, or Toyota & Lexus. Same company, a lot of the same parts, but supposedly "higher end".

Everything went braap.

• 3 months later...

I've taken one for a spin. Absolutely awesome bike! Incredible acceleration, good handling (for a cruiser) and very light and maneuverable. Only complaint was the seat being a bit far forward, but at $11,000 I can forgive a few shortcomings. If I wasn't buried in my softail, I would have bought it on the spot.

I love it. I personally think it's a lot nicer than most of the crusiers out nowadays, and think it's great that Indian has now built an entry level bike.

• Premium Member
I love it. I personally think it's a lot nicer than most of the crusiers out nowadays, and think it's great that Indian has now built an entry level bike.

+1... This Scout and the Victory Gunner would be my 1st choices in cruisers.

Looks pretty good, but to be honest if I had the choice, I'd rather have the bike in the background of the first pic... :)
Agreed! 

2015 Matte Metallic Grey FZ-07

I would definitely roll the Scout. I think Indian (Polaris) did an outstanding job on the bike. It's fairly light weight for a cruiser with around a 100 hp ....Doing a bit of search online its capable of lower 12's 1/4 mile times which means its quicker than just about any other cruiser minus the VROD out there. Every write up has given it gold stars for fit and finish.

• Premium Member

Seems like it:

"In 2011 Polaris Industries purchased Indian Motorcycles and relocated operations from North Carolina, merging them into existing facilities in Minnesota and Iowa. Since August 2013, three motorcycle models that capitalize on Indian's traditional styling have been built under the Indian name."

Everything went braap.

• Global Moderator
Seems like it: 
"In 2011 Polaris Industries purchased Indian Motorcycles and relocated operations from North Carolina, merging them into existing facilities in Minnesota and Iowa. Since August 2013, three motorcycle models that capitalize on Indian's traditional styling have been built under the Indian name."

Like I said, Badge Engineered Victories.  >:(

Archived