The MT-07 Forum

2015 Indian Scout

hobbs

• Premium Member

If that's what it takes to get some decent style. They can keep every fugly (and expensive) Victory ever made, do not want.

Anything to rival Harley is cool too.. they've been asleep waaay too long.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

My wife and I saw this bike online a few months ago and we both think it is really nice. I'd probably stay a Yamaha fan and go for the Stryker or Raider. I test rode the Stryker and that thing is deceivingly fast. The plush suspension really fools the brain into thinking "I'm not going that fast" until you look at the speedo. And for $12,000.00 or less, I know I'm getting a great product that is backed by a great company.  Let's not forget, a really comfortable ride and perfectly responsive bike all the way around.

http://www.2040motos.com/_content/cars/images/37/132637/001.jpg

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/assets/products/mcy/media/vr/2014/2405/1/ZoomImages/14_RaiderSCL_1500-01.jpg

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• 2 weeks later...
Seems like it: 
"In 2011 Polaris Industries purchased Indian Motorcycles and relocated operations from North Carolina, merging them into existing facilities in Minnesota and Iowa. Since August 2013, three motorcycle models that capitalize on Indian's traditional styling have been built under the Indian name."
Like I said, Badge Engineered Victories.  >:(
Not at all. Although they do share some parts with the Victory lineup, Indian is more or less its own company. Completely separate engineering, manufacturing, and marketing teams. The Indian engines and frames are completely new designs. 

I don't care if AMF came back under some form and built it, the Scout and some of Victory's other bikes are awesome and uniquely designed. Polaris builds some awesome machines in both dirt and snow. Do you know how many of those Ranger alone are sold every year? Their shares and profits have been deep for years now and they put a large percentage back into R&D.

Archived