The MT-07 Forum

Just bought a red FZ-07!

dmf

I've been lurking for the past couple of weeks once I decided the FZ-07 was for me. I almost went with the FZ-09, but figured the 07 is a better fit and more practical as a daily ride.

I plan on taking it to the track once she's broken in.. And will probably be painting the red covers grey.

Can't wait to pick her up in a couple days!

• Global Moderator

Nice, congrats and welcome! You could break it in on a track. Lots of 'break in' talk on this forum!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome dmf! Glad you came out of lurking mode! When you pick it up we want pictures, but before you paint it gray would you mind voting in our fastest color poll? LOL! [url=]http://fz07.org/thread/332/fastest-color[/url]

Illegitimi non carborundum

....but before you paint it gray would you mind voting in our fastest color poll? LOL! [url=]http://fz07.org/thread/332/fastest-color[/url]
I see what you are trying to do here. That's cheating, shame on you!  :o

LOL. I noticed that poll the other day.

I almost waited for a white one, but once I saw the red fz07 being put together out of the crate (I put in the front axle!) I was sold.

Ideally I'd want the all grey/black scheme like the mt-07s offered in Europe, but the red one is the closest since it's just the tank panels which are different.

Here she is right after the mechanic was done putting her together hamune3u.jpg

I'd do the "break in" at the track but won't have time to do so until September..

I used to race a 125cc shifter kart, but this will be my first time at the track in two wheels. I'm in the NYC area so I plan on doing a day course with yamaha at NJMP.

• Global Moderator

Nice picture! We actually have the matte grey and black in Canada too. I was torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool..

Actually I think the bike looks good in any color and they are easy to customize with only a two panels and the top piece on the tank. I chose white because I like the little coloured winglets on the front wheel and the silver frame that matches the frame covers. But of the dealer had a grey one, I would have taken that one too.

As had as the poll, you will obviously have to choose option 4. 

Ugh, I can't help but feel a little pissed Yamaha didn't bring those colors to the US.

I'd really be pissed if Canada got the ABS version too!

• Global Moderator

No sadly no ABS for Canada. Although I doubt that the bike really needs it. But then again I never had ABS.

Archived