The MT-07 Forum

circuit through Washington

mhakkola

A friend and I are planning a small trip through washington from Vancouver, BC.  We are (so far) planning on riding from vancouver to seattle area then onto Leavenworth and up to Wenatchee to the Okanogan and back into Canada (yhrn onto vancouver.   We hope to make it a 3 day loop.  Any suggestions on routes for the loop?   I was thinking a possible option as washington pass rather than going back through canada.   

Thanks in advance.  

• Global Moderator

I can't help you, but is sounds like an awesome trip!

• Global Moderator

You cannot go wrong if you stay off the interstates. Lots of great mountain roads. Chuckanut drive south of Bellingham is fun, Deception Pass and down Whidbey Island and back to the mainland on the ferry. Back across the Cascades through Winthrop (a western themed town) and highway 20. That is just to name a few. Hopefully some more Washingtonians will chime in with ideas

There is nothing better than the rode through Winthrop and Twisp going east or West on 20 but it may be a bit scorched due to the recent fires. I live on Whidbey Island and love riding here, but if you come here, you have to make sure you get off the main road and explore the side roads and towns.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived