The MT-07 Forum

RevZilla being bought by Cycle Gear?

phicurious86

• Premium Member

I hope they remain involved with the company, if that's what they want to do.

Otherwise it's kind of disappointing.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
It just wouldn't be the same without Anthony's zany youtube videos.

pineappleunderthesea
It just wouldn't be the same without Anthony's zany youtube videos.
Agreed.  I buy from Revzilla because of these videos, the guys putting them together do a good job with various categories that help to narrow things down.  Of course, the cashback helps as well, shipping is usually really fast as compared to some other sites, and they do pay the tax in PA! 
What worries me is that if Cyclegear is indeed owned by Private Equity, you typically have a bunch of investors looking to cash out with tons of money so they can use it for their next venture, so profitability might trump creativity, and Revzilla will just become yet another website if the original owners leave.

Then again, Cyclegear does seem to have a good "bang for the buck" line of gear with their Bilt brand, it was the only brand of protective jackets and pants that actually fit my younger son for street riding, at a decent price, but otherwise I don't shop there.  I wonder if they'll use the Revzilla brand and expand their inventory to include everything Cyclegear has to offer?

This is actually disappointing news. How long before Revzilla just changes over to Cycle Gear?

I remember back in the day my favorite coffee shop was SBC (one of the strongest/boldest coffee flavors for a Seattle chain coffee shop). Then Starbucks bought them out. It was fine for a year or two, then some SBCs became Starbucks. And then, there is no more SBC except in ground coffee package form in grocery stores. Bleh.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

That sucks. I hope Revzilla does not become Cyclegear. I shop at Revzilla specifically for the videos, customer service, and product knowledge.

Have you ever shopped at a Cyclegear and asked the sales people questions? I swear they know nothing about motorcycles.

That sucks. I hope Revzilla does not become Cyclegear. I shop at Revzilla specifically for the videos, customer service, and product knowledge.  
Have you ever shopped at a Cyclegear and asked the sales people questions? I swear they know nothing about motorcycles.

My "local" Cycle Gear (about 45 minutes away) has great sales people.  
I hope they keep the best of both companies. That would be bad ass. 

My "local" Cycle Gear (about 45 minutes away) has great sales people.  
I hope they keep the best of both companies. That would be bad ass. 
Same here, my local store, well had some great reps, have not needed gear for awhile. But, I do love the videos that Revzilla does, they have helped me make a lot of gear decisions. 

Will lead to less competition on the motorcycle gear marketplace, which is very low to begin with anyways.

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

They will probably keep key people in place since they are having such good growth. This will carry on for a bit until the original owners exit, at which time.. well, who knows.

For all we know this could be a play to simply make Cycle Gear more valuable for its own sale.

This is an opportunity for smaller retailers in this sector to gain market share.

That seems like an absurd price ($400-500M) to pay for a company with $75-100M in sales. I hope it's not true, but if it is I can't imagine that price being accurate.

Edit: And reading about it, the article is incorrect.  The Reuters report quoted in the article claims a total company (Cycle Gear + Revzilla) value of $400-500M post-sale.

bmwpowere36m3

That blows, if it's true. I avoid Cycle Gear as much as I can... Revzilla not only has way better prices, selection and service, but I get things in 2-3 days (at most). Cycle Gear's selection in store is poor (in my area), so your left with ordering and waiting for goods either way.

I'm an Australian and I am disappointed. I have been buying from Revzilla for years. Good place for good stuff ( even with the ridiculous postage price of everything from everybody from the States)

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

I hope they at least continue doing the blogs. I enjoy reading all the reviews or watching the reviews they make. This could be either good or bad. Hopefully it will turn out ok.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
time to find a new place to shop...
I've been shopping at Sportbiketrackgear.com lately. They just started a new rewards program like RevZilla.

SigSide.jpg

fooschnickens

This seems like a really dumb move. Revzilla found a formula that allowed it to become a power player in the aftermarket industry, and now they're being bought out by a bargain bin retailer?

This does not bode well. Guess I'll be spending my revzilla bucks sooner rather than later.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
This seems like a really dumb move. Revzilla found a formula that allowed it to become a power player in the aftermarket industry, and now they're being bought out by a bargain bin retailer? 
This does not bode well. Guess I'll be spending my revzilla bucks sooner rather than later.

Yeah, I've got a $50 gift card to RevZilla. Gotta buy something soon haha.

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

Glad I didn't decide to move to Philly to get a job there...

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

I would much rather revzilla buy cycle gear. Honestly if revzilla held out for about 5 years expanded over seas with locations and store that stop international shipping rates they'd probably have the money.

suspiciouspackage

Like stated before, I just don't wanna deal with that Bilt garbage they try to shove down our throats. I'm sorry but saying that a Bilt helmet is good enough for my head is like saying dog food is good for me. There's a reason you don't see Bilt helmets in anything racing. I would rather not ride than go out with a Bilt helmet on.

Archived