The MT-07 Forum

Found a set of alternate non-folding footpegs CHEAP .

gregjet

So far so good. Haven't been able to ride much for a while. Been away and doing stuff. I think they will look worn pretty quick because of the blue anodising but the design looks sound so far

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Hi, I have just received these rearsets but I seem to have a problem. The gear lever side rearset lacks a hole or proper fitment for the central "nipple". Did you have to drill this yourself or did it come pre-drilled?

http://i.imgur.com/tRXQkbY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/p1JWsVU.jpg
Hopefully, you got two thick alu washers. The two big washers hold the rearset out above the "nipple", and doesn't need a hole.

Why can't left turners see us?

Doesn't seem like an elegant solution but, for the price, I should not really complain. Thanks for the tip, rowdy!

I actually drilled the hole. The washers do the trick but I prefer to unload the bolts a bit by making the plate flush.

• Premium Member
I actually drilled the hole. The washers do the trick but I prefer to unload the bolts a bit by making the plate flush.
Seems like moving it inboard like that would cause the shift rod to interfere with the side cover.  Was that an issue? 

Why can't left turners see us?

"Seems like moving it inboard like that would cause the shift rod to interfere with the side cover. Was that an issue?"

I just went and checked and it is definitely not an issue now , BUT I did it a while ago and if it had been I would have fixed it . I don't remember sorry.

Archived