The MT-07 Forum

Leaking Fuel

thestache

Was going to change the oil today as I have about 150 miles on the bike. Pulled out onto the main road about 1/2mi from home and the bike stalled and fuel poured out of a hose anytime I touched the throttle.

Bike towed to the dealer, spent 30 minutes on with Yamaha Customer Relations...will keep you posted

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Well that sux! Hope they figure it out soon and you are back to riding.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Fuel hose between pump and throttle bodies broke or came disconnected? Just guessing.

It was still connected, maybe broke or something

Guest unknown

Oh man, let us know what the verdict is. Sounds to me like your dealer made another mistake or you just have some seriously bad luck :(

• Global Moderator

Man, you are really unlucky. First all the issues with your dealer and now towing the bike because it's leaking fuel. Yamaha Customer Relations really have to step up. I bet your dealer is at fault (but will deny) after hearing all the things they forgot to do during delivery. Did they at least fixed your scratches?

Yes, keep us posted! We feel for you.

Dang stache I feel for you!! Your dealer sounds like a bad apple. It doesn't sound like they gave u any reason to have any trust in them from here on out. Good luck man.

Spoke to the dealer today, hose was not locked down. I think Yamaha Customer Relations must have called him, because he was very nice and and even called me back in 5 minutes.

They're replacing one panel and a radiator cover as well, the colored panel on the tank is still on order

Archived