The MT-07 Forum

How many more miles?

jeffkisthename

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

How many more miles can I put on this tire before it goes boom?07c5efdfc6dab45736f2787555daca17.jpg

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
If that is fiber I see... Danger! How many miles do they have?
No its not fiber, but here is from last night.9a6aa46964ee4dff7e671da3927010fc.jpg

SigSide.jpg

Might wanna change that bad boy asap. Wrecking isn't worth the extra couple hundred miles you can push out of it. I used to ride my tires till the meat showed. Never again ☺

• Premium Member
Yeah those look completely shot. Like, well past the point of dangerous. Are you saying you have 17K+ miles on them? Because that's probably anywhere from 5-10K past the time to replace. Look for the tire wear bars. http://www.thebikersgarage.com/motorcycle-safety-tire-wear-bars/
Great link. I did not know this. Thanks!  

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Whoa, thanks @so1102. Damn my tires are beyond bad. So, I guess no riding the rest of this week...crap. I hate traffic. Oh, and yes, these are original OEM tires.

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator
Whoa, thanks @so1102 . Damn my tires are beyond bad. So, I guess no riding the rest of this week...crap. I hate traffic. Oh, and yes, these are original OEM tires.
Are those the Bridgestones?  It is hard to tell from what little tread you can see. 

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Would hate for your day to be ruined by a lack of grip
Or lack of tire...

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Whoa, thanks @so1102 . Damn my tires are beyond bad. So, I guess no riding the rest of this week...crap. I hate traffic. Oh, and yes, these are original OEM tires.
Are those the Bridgestones?  It is hard to tell from what little tread you can see. 
Yup, the BT03. I wonder if I should replace with the same BT03 or the Michelin Pilot Road 4s...

SigSide.jpg

I can see the air through that, change time you have had your moneys worth.
Your close enough to boom to give up the 07 does seem to be kind to tyres.

::)::)

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Go for the Michelin Pilot road 3 or 4. I was bummed that my FZ came BT03s.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member
They should have come with either Pilot Road 3s or BT023s -- both "sport touring" tires -- the BT03 is a racing tire.

Metzler is having a promotion if you purchase a set of tires you get a 50 prepaid visa card. I just order a set of Metzler sportec M3s for my FZ1.
Comes out to 150 bucks for two tires after promotion. Also got them from Bikebandit.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
They should have come with either Pilot Road 3s or BT023s -- both "sport touring" tires -- the BT03 is a racing tire.
Doh! good catch. I meant BT23. I think the Pilot Road 3's are the better on road tire. when I square the tires off I will make the switch.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member

When I replaced my rear about 3 months ago, the shop I was at told me the PR3's are being phased out, with the PR4 being their replacement. This came about because they only had a front PR3 and no rears left and they claimed they couldn't get any more delivered, only the 4 so that's what I ended up with.

Anyone else hear such a thing? Basically the same tire anyway, I was just trying to save a few bucks. If it's true, buy em while you can!

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

I'll have to replace mine soon. I'm over 17k on the front tire as well, but it's nowhere near as bad as yours. Don't worry kids, I seem to be pretty good at having tires last that long... except when I unfortunately get a nail/sharp piece flatten my tires :P

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Op change the tire before you ride again. I change my rear yearly about 6k miles. I get about 2 years from fronts. Bike tires are cheap.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Op change the tire before you ride again. I change my rear yearly about 6k miles. I get about 2 years from fronts. Bike tires are cheap.
Yup, that's why I'm driving the rest of the week. I'm at like 5.9k miles in 4.5 months. So, I will need to put a tire fund aside from now on.

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
I'll have to replace mine soon. I'm over 17k on the front tire as well, but it's nowhere near as bad as yours. Don't worry kids, I seem to be pretty good at having tires last that long... except when I unfortunately get a nail/sharp piece flatten my tires :P
Is this on the Bridgestones or the Michelins?

SigSide.jpg

Archived