The MT-07 Forum

Stunting on the fz07

cdean911

Anyone ever done this on the fz07 or plan to, I've tried a little and its light compared to the fz6r and easier to get the front tire up but anyone one have ideas on how to make this bike a better "stunt bike"??

• Premium Member

R6 throttle tube probably wouldn't hurt along with the Zeus stunt cage.From what I've seen on YouTube you also need a wife beater, khakis, skate shoes and a icon helmet. This is to allow the least protection because people are so good at stunting they never wipe out ;p

R6 throttle tube probably wouldn't hurt along with the Zeus stunt cage.From what I've seen on YouTube you also need a wife beater, khakis, skate shoes and a icon helmet. This is to allow the least protection because people are so good at stunting they never wipe out ;p
Couldn't have answered any better. Haha, but in addition to what Username mentioned, also lower tire pressure. If we had metal gas tanks I would have said to dent the top, but we dont. A throttle lock would help. The most important thing though is a hot girl who's willing to sit backwards on the bike wearing a 2 piece while you're on one wheel.

Just off the top of my head I would say get some steel braided brake lines, fork brace, better brake pads that disperse heat better and maybe some stickier tires. I would mostly get rid of all unnecessary weight but if you're keeping it street legal you're limited - gotta keep the lights, pooh! Oh yeah, stunt women do rock!

[attachment id=1468" thumbnail="1]

Beemer

I'd rather watch a hot woman doing the riding. That's my kinda woman.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

I've added engine case sliders frame sliders front and rear axle sliders to help protection I know it won't help as much as a cage but there pretty expensive

I dont know what he has done to the bike, alot by the way it looks. Look up Stunter 13 on youtube, he does a few routines on an mt-07

87' Honda VFR 700 F2 (sold)
03' Honda CBR F4I (donated)
05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

I've added engine case sliders frame sliders front and rear axle sliders to help protection I know it won't help as much as a cage but there pretty expensive

• Premium Member

Well if your trying to be cost effective then throttle tube is only 16 dollars. Deflating your tires is pretty cheap too

After watching "Stunter13 YAMAHA MT07 MOTOCAGE LIL PRACTICE" on you tube it appears that weight wasn't a concern so much as having it low geared, I wonder what kind of rear sprocket that was. Different handle bars, grippy grips and he bumped up the idle as well just before taking off. Balls & balance goes without saying. I would bet money he's rode motocross.

Beemer

Well if your trying to be cost effective then throttle tube is only 16 dollars. Deflating your tires is pretty cheap too

What exactly will a throttle tude do for it

After watching "Stunter13 YAMAHA MT07 MOTOCAGE LIL PRACTICE" on you tube it appears that weight wasn't a concern so much as having it low geared, I wonder what kind of rear sprocket that was. Different handle bars, grippy grips and he bumped up the idle as well just before taking off. Balls & balance goes without saying. I would bet money he's rode motocross.

What exhaust is that? Sounds so good.

• Premium Member

A throttle tube will make it so when you twist the throttle you won't have to twist your wrist as much. This is good for popping up the front end for wheelies which is good for stunting. I'm getting one also just because it would be nicer to not have to twist your wrist almost all the way around the handle bar.

Looked like an Akrapovic Titanium. I'll have to go back and look again to be sure.

Beemer

Looked like an Akrapovic Titanium. I'll have to go back and look again to be sure.

I see they have them from 25 dollars to 75 does it make a difference

A throttle tube will make it so when you twist the throttle you won't have to twist your wrist as much. This is good for popping up the front end for wheelies which is good for stunting. I'm getting one also just because it would be nicer to not have to twist your wrist almost all the way around the handle bar.

I see they have them from 25 to 75 dollars does it make a difference

• Premium Member
I see they have them from 25 to 75 dollars does it make a difference

To be honest I'm not sure but the more expensive ones are metal while the more cheaper ones plastic. The setting should be the same on either one though and give the same performance. I went with the plastic one made by motion pro.

Here's about $100K worth of damage in under four minutes: 
       [video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-O0axQm0vA]

Wish I could at least ride a wheelie.  If I could, I'd ride wheelies all the way home from work everyday!  As it is, I can't afford to learn.  The price for mistakes is more than I can absorb.  I would think a cage is a must unless you can afford those mishaps, or never screw up.

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

ornery 

Thanks for that video. I needed a good laugh and Mr. Dip-sh*t in the shorts @ 1:36 made it happen. I've never seen anyone tackle a street light (@ 2:40 ) oooouch!!  ;-|

Beemer

Yep, it's an Akro TI, without the DB K's

Beemer

• Premium Member
yamahappy74
ornery  
Thanks for that video. I needed a good laugh and Mr. Dip-sh*t in the shorts @ 1:36 made it happen. I've never seen anyone tackle a street light (@ 2:40 ) oooouch!!  ;-|
While I don't wish the kind of pain that occurs when wiping on a bike at speed on anyone, I don't feel one bit sorry for any of these people. If you're going to do that stuff on a civilian street, then you deserve the consequences. I like watching wheelies; who doesn't? But man, there's a time and place... 

ornery  
While I don't wish the kind of pain that occurs when wiping on a bike at speed on anyone, I don't feel one bit sorry for any of these people. If you're going to do that stuff on a civilian street, then you deserve the consequences. I like watching wheelies; who doesn't? But man, there's a time and place...
I totally agree and I'll laugh at the ones I know will live through some much deserved road rash. I ask myself, why should they be allowed to get away with acting stupid while the rest of us have suffered and learned from doing it when we were young & dumb? Bring on the videos! 

[attachment id=1487" thumbnail="1]

Beemer

• Global Moderator

Wow, I did not see any of those wipe outs coming :)

My heart sinks when I watch bikes tumbling.  I bet the repair costs hurt worse than the bruises and rash.  It would me anyway.

But, I LOVE watching these little riders finesse these big machines around:

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUxvdlBeQg4]

I am totally in awe!

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

Archived