The MT-07 Forum

How tall are you?

jonmc7583

My overthinking is getting the best of me. My bike won't be here til a week from tomorrow and I am starting to second guess myself.

I am 6'2.5" with a 33" inseam and am just wondering how big I'm going to feel on the bike? Or cramped?

I've ridden the 07, but not longer than 10 minutes or so...

That being said, how tall are you? And how does the 07 fit ya?

missourifz07

6"3' and I feel really comfortable. It's my first bike so I don't have much to compare it to but I don't feel cramped at all. If I did anything I may think about some different bars bent a little further forward, I don't think I will though. I feel like the bike fits me like a glove. Just my opinion : )

• Global Moderator

I am 6'1", but have a 34" inseam. I fit fine, but I would not want much less pedal height. I would think you have another inch of room over me with a 33" inseam. I would not be worried.

• Global Moderator

In the morning I'm 5'8". I should take a closer look at my inseam, but the bike fits me like a glove.
At night I'm 5'7". I suspect my inseam is decreased by 1/2" . The bike still fits me good, I do not miss my inch..

I'm only 5'5" and can barley get the balls both feet to touch. Not a probably on straight level roads but not the best for hilly uneven roads. Thinking of getting a lowering kit but for now I set the suspension to 1. First bike so hoping I can get used to it without lowering it.

• Global Moderator

I could put both feet flat on the ground but I never do. I am used to higher bikes and I always have one foot near the brake when I'm not moving.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I'm 5' 5 1/2" and the boots I wear might give me another inch. I can almost flat foot it, not quite. I am used to cruisers so it still seems tall to me. It isn't heavy at all and the fit is great.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I'm only 5'5" and can barley get the balls both feet to touch. Not a probably on straight level roads but not the best for hilly uneven roads. Thinking of getting a lowering kit but for now I set the suspension to 1. First bike so hoping I can get used to it without lowering it.

Try just putting one foot on the ground, I am used to cruisers and thought that would bother me. However, it feels really comfortable on this bike...I am 5'7"

Try just putting one foot on the ground, I am used to cruisers and thought that would bother me. However, it feels really comfortable on this bike...I am 5'7"

Thanks Stache ... I normally do but it's nice to sometimes be able to put both down on the bad, hilly, roads up here in Pittsburgh.

Thanks Stache ... I normally do but it's nice to sometimes be able to put both down on the bad, hilly, roads up here in Pittsburgh.

I live in Tennessee, so I know what you mean. It can take some getting used to on hills though

I'm 5'11". Usually range between 150 and 158lbs. I have a super fast metabolism so I eat like a fat man and don't gain any weight haha. But I think I'll fit perfect on this bike:) my old bike (wr250x) I used to put my right foot on the ground and the left foot on the peg. I wasn't even close to flat footing that thing lol. I still have yet to sit on a fz07. I bought it kind of blind ( only seen pics and videos).

• Global Moderator
I'm 5'11". Usually range between 150 and 158lbs. I have a super fast metabolism so I eat like a fat man and don't gain any weight haha. But I think I'll fit perfect on this bike:) my old bike (wr250x) I used to put my right foot on the ground and the left foot on the peg. I wasn't even close to flat footing that thing lol. I still have yet to sit on a fz07. I bought it kind of blind ( only seen pics and videos).
I was coming from a wr250x and bought it unseen too. I first sat on the bike during delivery. I was pleasantly surprised that it still had the same feel, but just was better in every way. I felt right at home and rode of as if it was specially made for me.

Don't worry too much. It's very easy and very common to have one foot on the ground and the other on the foot peg, keeping the bike in a slight angle.
Once you start rolling, surprisingly, everything becomes irrelevant.

• 4 months later...
scobiwonkenobi

at 5'11" around 160 I like that at lights both feet are on the ground very comfortably but while riding it feels like my knees are too high on the bike and as a result the spot where I 'hug' the bike with my thighs always feels off. Not a huge factor except on longer rides. Definitely considering getting lower pegs. Pleased as punch with the bike in general :)

2015 FZ-07 # 468

• Premium Member

5'7", 150 lbs. Although I'm steadily gaining weight at a slow rate (powerlifting), that doesn't help me reach things on the top shelf.

I have no problem with one, or both feet on the ground. I will be satisfied when I can deadlift and/or squat the weight of our motorcycle. At least until I set a new goal and personal record.

Everything went braap.

Archived