The MT-07 Forum

How tall are you?

jonmc7583

• Premium Member
I'm 5'4" 130  
Don't be fooled by the numbers

I'm a male! Lol

I look like a little child riding I bet.

Great, then we both look like children! Haha. 
I'm 5'3, 130. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

I'm 5'4" 130  

I'm a male! Lol

I'm 5'3, 130. 
Nah, I'm 5'5"(mom was 4'10", so it's not my fault). That's what my driver's license says and I'm sticking by it. 
Truly wanna look like a little kid on a bike, go have a sit on a Goldwing or BMW 1600 or a Dresser Hardley. Last time I tried to take a GS1200 off the sidestand - I could not! lol. The guys in the shop were part amused that I even tried and part concerned I might actually get it vertical and then not reach the ground at all. 

• Premium Member

6'-2" 180lb, i find the bike comfortable for the riding i've done so far

• 1 year later...

I'm 5'3. 25 in. inseam. Do I have any chance on this bike? I know 2 feet down is gong to be impossible without lowering it. But would I be able to get one foot down with at least around an inch gap at most between my heel and the ground? I absolutely love this bike, but I'm starting to loose hope that I'll ever fit on it, without lowering it. And I don't want to mess up the geometry by lowering it. I know the final deciding factor will be when I go to a dealership and sit on one, but for now, I want to know if it's even worth my time. I'm used to only being able to get one foot down, as I've rode dirt bikes all my life, and that's pretty common with them.

I'm 5'4" 130  

I'm a male! Lol

What's your inseam and footing situation? I'm 5'3. Might be 5'4 by the time I get the bike.

I'm 5'4" 130  

I'm a male! Lol

I'm 5'3, 130. 
I'm exactly the same. How's your position on the bike? What's your inseam?

I'm 6' 3" and I'm the total package so I can touch the ground and reach the bars with ease. As a matter of fact, I can BENCH the bike with ease! Before I ride I like to stretch a bit on the beach and maybe do a little posing. I always look around to see if people are looking at me. (of course they always are so it's kind of pointless) After I feel assured that all the women wish they were with me instead of their wimpy boy men I use that confidence to go for a bike ride. I need that because the FZ-07 is very powerful and quick (like me) and it's for manly men only. You may be able to reach the bars but are you man enough to ride the FZ-07???

[video src=https://youtu.be/qpf55yJMcgc]

Beemer

• Premium Member

HOOOOTTTTTT @beemer

@brickson98 - When I buy pants, I usually by 30s.

I can get the balls of my feet down with one foot. My wife who is 5'2" can get the bike about the same.

There are other options than "changing the geometry" of the bike. Boots, seat shaving, rear sets, suspension set up to your weight.... etc.
Being shorter just means you have to do things differently. It doesn't necessarily mean it's impossible.

Sit on the bike first before you lose all hope. Can some one cue that youtube video... you know which one I'm talking about!

HOOOOTTTTTT @beemer 

I can get the balls of my feet down with one foot. My wife who is 5'2" can get the bike about the same.

There are other options than "changing the geometry" of the bike. Boots, seat shaving, rear sets, suspension set up to your weight.... etc.
Being shorter just means you have to do things differently. It doesn't necessarily mean it's impossible.

Sit on the bike first before you lose all hope. Can some one cue that youtube video... you know which one I'm talking about!

Well if she can get the ball of her foot down at 5'2 then I have some major hope. If I can get that down, I can at least test ride the bike, and ride it home, and survive until I can lower it a tad.

HOOOOTTTTTT @beemer  

Well if she can get the ball of her foot down at 5'2 then I have some major hope. If I can get that down, I can at least test ride the bike, and ride it home, and survive until I can lower it a tad.
Women generally have longer legs (read: longer inseams) than men.  Such as my case, I am 5'6" with a 28" inseam.  My girl is 5'3" with a 29" inseam.  She rides the FZ07 just fine obviously.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Women generally have longer legs (read: longer inseams) than men.  Such as my case, I am 5'6" with a 28" inseam.  My girl is 5'3" with a 29" inseam.  She rides the FZ07 just fine obviously.

Shoot. Guess it's time to chop my junk off so I can get a leg over an FZ. Lol

• Premium Member
Can some one cue that youtube video... you know which one I'm talking about! 

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRFyw57o_Ic]

I've never seen this one before. That was BAD ASSSSSSSS  

Make me kinda wanna try it on the FZ haha

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRFyw57o_Ic]

I've never seen this one before. That was BAD ASSSSSSSS  

Make me kinda wanna try it on the FZ haha
Guy isn't even super short.  He's 5'5"!  That must be one tall bike.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member

Anyway, it was this video I was referring to. 

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YId9Pr_RlIo]

Anyway, it was this video I was referring to.  

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YId9Pr_RlIo]
Adaptation is awesome. 

Archived