The MT-07 Forum

New From Kamloops, BC!

crafty

Hello everyone! New member from beautiful Kamloops BC in Canada. Hopefully taking delivery of my new silver/blue FZ-07 next week. I've been watching a lot of reviews, and have been reading a bit of stuff here to help make my decision. Finally rode one for myself early this week and I have to say I'm loving it!

I look forward to seeing where everybody is taking their beauties and sharing some of mine!

12801171_10153838961930071_6122414656047462560_n_zpsfyhnhroc.jpg

1930587_10153837023655071_14854836355623395_n_zpseocdyeli.jpg

Hello everyone! New member from beautiful Kamloops BC in Canada. Hopefully taking delivery of my new silver/blue FZ-07 next week. I've been watching a lot of reviews, and have been reading a bit of stuff here to help make my decision. Finally rode one for myself early this week and I have to say I'm loving it! 
I look forward to seeing where everybody is taking their beauties and sharing some of mine!

12801171_10153838961930071_6122414656047462560_n_zpsfyhnhroc.jpg

1930587_10153837023655071_14854836355623395_n_zpseocdyeli.jpg
You're going to share some of your beauties? Just teasing you. Welcome to the club! 

• Premium Member

Welcome! Always great to see another fellow Canadian join up on the best FZ07 forum out there.

Dont forget to pin the map and in the future if you feel so inclined, look up info on the benefits of a premium membership. Being my first bike these cats have been instrumental in helping with troubleshooting and decision making for most of my mods etc so for myself it was worth throwing a few bucks in to help keep things rolling here. I'd have been lost without them; a solid bunch.

Gotta say I envy your area for the gorgeous scenic rides you'll have.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with your new ride. Enjoy man!

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome crafty! Is that a pic of yours? You said next week...........

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! Enjoy making the bike your own. 

Welcome crafty! Is that a pic of yours? You said next week...........
haha yea it is, roads are still a little iffy in town right now and I'm waiting on a helmet to come in for me monday. 

Finally picked 'er up! 100km's on it sofar. it was a little chilly out but man I love this thing! Had lots of fun booting around town and the 50k trip home, still got 5.6L/100km :)

IMG_0094_zpsnloqbcvf.jpg
IMG_0084_zpsjnjdtzwq.jpg
IMG_0099_zps0lmkpbff.jpg

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Congratulations on a sweet lookin' ride!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Sweet ride! Another B.C.er too. Great.

We may have to have a B.C. meetup this year.

Westside Road and Salmon River Road are two of my faves.

YES AND YES! love those roads! you in Kelowna I'm guessing?

YES AND YES! love those roads! you in Kelowna I'm guessing?
Penticton.  Green Mountain Road rocks too.  

• Global Moderator

Nice ! Congratulations. You live in a beautiful area, great roads and scenery. I've only been in Kamloops once but I could see myself living there.

Thanks everyone! I'm totally just loving this bike! Rode in to work yesterday and this morning, was a little chilly, but awesome none the less! off to Kelowna tomorrow!
IMG_0111_zpscx1gugkd.jpg
IMG_0113_zps2zlxrrp5.jpg

Yea I just found out about it yesterday when I went in to Kelowna for my search to find another job so I can move back. Sadly I'm working the IIHF Women's Championship that day for the gold medal game as one of the Chevrolet Reps.

On another note, I ran into two FZ-07 owners yesterday, one worked at DonFolk Chev, sorry i forgot your name if you are on here. and the other was in Vernon, pulled up beside your sick red/black '15 with Akro exhaust, LOVE the way it sounds!

And another note... what do people think of night riding with their FZ? I'm not too pleased with the light...

IMG_0264_zpsofyzn8td.jpg

IMG_0266_zpszgdwwjya.jpg

topazsparrow

The Dash is well lit, but the headlight does leave something to be desired. Lots of posts about LED upgrades and addons though.

since we're doing local pictures: Here's a shot from Armstrong yesterday:

eBzdOcS.jpg

The Dash is well lit, but the headlight does leave something to be desired. Lots of posts about LED upgrades and addons though. 

since we're doing local pictures: Here's a shot from Armstrong yesterday:

eBzdOcS.jpg

Ohh yea it's well lit, totally forgot how to dim it a little... was kinda ticked...  beautiful shot! with a few ppl going, makes me want to skip out on the game and head south!

• 3 weeks later...

Show and shine was pretty good. Nice to see so many sport bikes in one place. I left fairly early. It was hot with no where to sit down. Spoke with one 07 owner who had a graphite model with several aftermarket goodies. There was a pretty good showing for yamaha although I was surprised no salesmen were present from any of the bike shops. You would think they would be interacting with customers and sniffing around for business.

Damn,, wish i could have made it out, have a second interview going on in Kelowna so I'm hoping i may see a bit more people out there with FZ-07s!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1022927057725292/
Join up on the Facebook group to hlep represent the mighty FZ-07! lol I'll be trying to make as many of the meets as i can once i move down a bit closer

• Premium Member

I picked up a cyclops 3800-led from the vendor here and i really like it. I also bought 4 Denali Dm Micros and stacked them 2x2 on my front forks, I am now seen by all. These Denali dms arent cheap but man they are bulletproof and so damn bright for such smal pods... I absolutely love em and they are IMO worth every penny.

Great pics by the way! Amazing places in the interior, love it there. Im dying to make a road trip out to my old home on Van island from Edmonton. Ride man, RIIIIDE!!!

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Archived