The MT-07 Forum

Saying Hi

68rebel

Hi New on this site. I've had my FZ07 for almost a year. It is my first bike and I got 4000km on it from June to end of October last year. Mostly just riding to work ad back 80km round trip. I installed the Puig sport windscreen almost immediately for some relief from the wind. helps a bit.I do not like the stock exhaust sound, the seat or the mirrors. I did not want to spend lots on an aftermarket exhaust and definitely did not want to drill holes into the stock muffler so I found Dan Motto exhaust and ordered the XG-1 from the factory. It sounds awesome! a little drone at highway speeds for long times. It arrived at under $500 CAN funds, the fit is not the best and I would recommend taking it to an exhaust shop to have the pipes tweaked to fit. As long as the shop doesn't charge a lot to do it. I have a buddy that owns his own shop and I just owe him a favor for when he gets going on his Chevelle and needs his interior re-done. Speaking of interior I am not impressed with he seat... Its not very comfy and the style is non existent. I am working on a little something and hopefully by the end of the month will have it done and pics up. If the comments are encouraging I will probably make them available at similar pricing to Corbin. My Background is growing up and working in an custom auto upholstery shop, Aircraft sheet metal and composite repair,overhaul, now Senior Quality Assurance. As far as the mirrors... I am looking at getting bar end mirrors just haven`t decided on which ones. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I do like the more angular designs to keep with the style of the bike but I can appreciate that the round ones probably give better view.

Welcome!

For mirrors I would pony up the extra cash for any of the CRG bar end mirrors. I got the CRG arrows and can't believe how much better they are vs. the stock and cheap $10 bar ends mirrors.

Myself and others here have bought the cheap ones you can find and they simply dont last and are not quality craftsmanship. There have been a few threads on mirrors you could look up with the search feature

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome 68rebel! Glad you joined our little group.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 3 weeks later...

Archived