The MT-07 Forum

Soon to be FZ-07 owner in Atlanta

roninracing

Hey all. Finally coming back home to Yamaha after 10 Years of Suzukis,
Kawasakis and Hondas. Had two SVs - 650 & 1000, Ex500, GSXR 750 and finally made a deal to trade my CBR 1000 Friday. Started out racing RD400s in WERA then did a 180 bike wise and ran the SV1000 in the heavyweight twins class. Really enjoyed the way the v twin put the power down but did well enough that I was talked into running in the 750 superbike class. Did OK in superbike but it was one of those classes that you need to spend a lot...lot of $$$$ to be competitive. Sold the GSXR and bought the shiny, shiny CBR1000 when Honda redesigned it in 2008. What an uncomfortable, unreliable POS. Awesome bike for the track and twisties but a horribly uncomfortable sddtreet bike. So, why am I spending all this time telling you all my bike life story...

Because like you all, I'm more excited about this bike than anything I've seen for years. I hope to learn from and contribute to the forum and look forward to sharing/hearing about experiences with the FZ.

Welcome roninracing! It's good to see someone with your experience excited about the FZ-07. It just goes to show that it's more than just an entry level bike!

• Global Moderator

Hey roninracing, welcome home to Yamaha, glad to have you here! They make great piano's and their FZ-07 is a peach!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome roninracing! When do you take delivery on your FZ07? You're going to LOVE it!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

Welcome and congrats. Where are you purchasing from in Atlanta? I got mine at the end of June at Marietta Motorsports.

Welcome and congrats. Where are you purchasing from in Atlanta? I got mine at the end of June at Marietta Motorsports.
Is Opie still there? If I had known Marmo had them I'd've bought it from them. I had to walk out on a deal at Mountain Motorsports to get them to agree to my price.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm really excited about the new FZ and think it has a lot of potential. My bike is coming from a warehouse in Tennessee but I was told I'd have it by weeks end. Perhaps the Gods will smile on me and it will stop raining here in Atlanta long enough to get some seat time this weekend. Ive used the Motoman break in method on all my bikes. I'll post up the process in another thread but it almost guarantees a couple extra HP. Before I get too long winded...I just want to thank everyone again and may you always hit the apex and keep the rubber side down.

• Global Moderator

Ronin, we have a tread about the MotoMan method of break-in as well as other break-in ideas. Guru, can you post the link here (I need to learn how to do that).

Motoman break in thread ~Hippie :)

Archived