The MT-07 Forum

Rear light flushmount bracket

eraser8

Hi guys,

Do you know if there is any bracket ever made to keep the original rear light assembly by only changing the long aluminum bracket by shorter one?

For example, currently, the aluminum bracket measure about 8 inch. I would like to have a bracket measuring like 2 inch, to make the whole light assembly very near of the tail. 

Does someone know anything about that?

Thanks a lot

• Global Moderator

Hi guys, 
Do you know if there is any bracket ever made to keep the original rear light assembly by only changing the long aluminum bracket by shorter one?

For example, currently, the aluminum bracket measure about 8 inch. I would like to have a bracket measuring like 2 inch, to make the whole light assembly very near of the tail. 

Does someone know anything about that?

Thanks a lot

Yamaha has an official tail tidy
but i'll be damned if i can find a link to it at the moment

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Really? Dawn, I never saw this from yamaha OEM... I will try to find it. If anyone have other info about that, please!

Thanks

• Global Moderator

Here is a link to the Yamaha part, which I think is only available in Europe http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/accessories/genuine-options/cosmetic/licence-plate-holder-mt-07/1WS-F16E0-00-00/details.acc?overviewhash=%23%2Fexplore%2F363270%2F0%7C0%7C%7C0%2F%7C543780

You can get aftermarket ones for less. I have not seen anyone just making shorter arms for the stock fender, but it sounds like a good idea.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

The closest you can get to the stock arm design style is maybe the Graves version.

SigSide.jpg

Here is a link to the Yamaha part, which I think is only available in Europe http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/accessories/genuine-options/cosmetic/licence-plate-holder-mt-07/1WS-F16E0-00-00/details.acc?overviewhash=%23%2Fexplore%2F363270%2F0%7C0%7C%7C0%2F%7C543780 
You can get aftermarket ones for less. I have not seen anyone just making shorter arms for the stock fender, but it sounds like a good idea.
Thanks for the link! 
Unfortunately, it is the same length of the original one and my goal is to reduce as much I can the distance between the tail and license assembly.

I currently manage to create my own aluminum braket in the exact same design than the original one but shorter. The length would be about 73 mm  instead of 170 mm. I cannot go shorter because I need the place to unscrew the bolts under the tail.

Will work on that tonight and will see what does this looks like. Also, if the bracket seems to well fit with a nice look, I will need to cut/modify the black plastic to fit my home made bracket...

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

The Yamaha accessory is also available in Canada, I believe the longer middle section that goes in between the attachment bracket and license light can be removed to shorten it up some, but not sure. If you are interested in this accessory, you may want to check into it more to see if it meets your needs. Here is the link for the Yamaha Canada site:www.yamaha-motor.ca/eshop/detail.php?sectionId=AC&groupId=19&subGroupId=37&categoryId=38&itemId=3825&unitId=4653&unitName=2016+FZ-07&unitGroup=MC&unitYear=2016

The closest you can get to the stock arm design style is maybe the Graves version.
Hi Jeff, 
Yes I already saw this one and it is a similar look I'm searching for. But, this one will cost me about 160$ and more to get it.... F***

If I am able to build my own bracket, It will cost me about.... 5$ for the aluminum and also, I will be able to keep the original assembly.

Thanks a lot for infos!

The Yamaha accessory is also available in Canada, I believe the longer middle section that goes in between the attachment bracket and license light can be removed to shorten it up some, but not sure. If you are interested in this accessory, you may want to check into it more to see if it meets your needs. Here is the link for the Yamaha Canada site:www.yamaha-motor.ca/eshop/detail.php?sectionId=AC&groupId=19&subGroupId=37&categoryId=38&itemId=3825&unitId=4653&unitName=2016+FZ-07&unitGroup=MC&unitYear=2016
Hi Eastern, 
Thanks! Yes I think you're right, it seems you can remove the arm section and bolt directly on the bracket... But wow!!! 250$ for that!!!!! :)

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Hi Jeff, 
Yes I already saw this one and it is a similar look I'm searching for. But, this one will cost me about 160$ and more to get it.... F***

If I am able to build my own bracket, It will cost me about.... 5$ for the aluminum and also, I will be able to keep the original assembly.

Thanks a lot for infos!

More power to you. Someone on this forum has somehow shortened theirs... I've seen the post in "what did you do to your fz07" thread I think.

SigSide.jpg

Oh Yes? I will try to search trought this thread, but I know there is a LOT of pages.... I you find it, please, come back here and post the link! 
Thanks

Oh Yes? I will try to search trought this thread, but I know there is a LOT of pages.... I you find it, please, come back here and post the link! 
Thanks

acb6a418245b7ec8225f7d99057acb57.jpg

I shortened mine. All it took was a few sluts in the plastic of the fender to make it fit.

Thanks

I shortened mine. All it took was a few sluts in the plastic of the fender to make it fit.

Here's another image:

9d53ea90fbb34ec23260184b3f74a6f3.jpg

Here's another image: 
Dawn... seems pretty simple? So, you means you screw directly the flasher assembly in the 4 holes under the tail? So just simply remove the aluminum arm? 
Also, you should have cut some plastic fender? If you have some time, could you explain a little bit more how did you make the install like this? I would really love to do the same!!! This is exactly what I want!

Thanks a lot RaceBlue

Here's another image: 
Dawn... seems pretty simple? So, you means you screw directly the flasher assembly in the 4 holes under the tail? So just simply remove the aluminum arm? 
Also, you should have cut some plastic fender? If you have some time, could you explain a little bit more how did you make the install like this? I would really love to do the same!!! This is exactly what I want!

Thanks a lot RaceBlue

Yes, you simply remove the aluminum arm. Bolt the assembly directly to the bike. When you try to put the rear plastics back on the bike, you'll notice it is slightly blocked, so I used sheet metal sheers to cut two slits in the rear assembly so the rear plastics could fit back properly.

I was surprised how easy it was to do because I haven't seen anyone else do it, and I couldn't find any info on doing it online. I hope this helps.

Yes, you simply remove the aluminum arm. Bolt the assembly directly to the bike. When you try to put the rear plastics back on the bike, you'll notice it is slightly blocked, so I used sheet metal sheers to cut two slits in the rear assembly so the rear plastics could fit back properly.  
I was surprised how easy it was to do because I haven't seen anyone else do it, and I couldn't find any info on doing it online. I hope this helps.
Hi Raceblue, 
Thanks a lot for infos. I think I can figure out how you did. I will check that tonight. Did you need to enlarge the holes on the assembly? because they don't fit directly, they are not the same disposition than the holes on the bikes (like 10 mm larger)

I will try of take a couple of pic.

Thanks

Hi guys,

Ok I just finish it and it is now completed. I really love the look it is!!!I seriously think to send pictures to YAMAHA to allow them to built it like this!!! Maybe the 2018 version :) lollll

Here is what it's look
P1140366_zpszrhc60z0.jpg

So, Finally, I homemade spacers in aluminum between the frame and the signal assembly to avoid any pressur on the plastic fender of the bike.

Let me know what do you think!!! I'm really happy with that!! Thansk raceblue for the base idea of flushmount

Hi guys, 
Ok I just finish it and it is now completed. I really love the look it is!!!I seriously think to send pictures to YAMAHA to allow them to built it like this!!! Maybe the 2018 version :) lollll

Here is what it's look
P1140366_zpszrhc60z0.jpg

So, Finally, I homemade spacers in aluminum between the frame and the signal assembly to avoid any pressur on the plastic fender of the bike.

Let me know what do you think!!! I'm really happy with that!! Thansk raceblue for the base idea of flushmount

I like the idea of using spacers instead of cutting the signal assembly. It looks great.

Hi guys, 

Here is what it's look
P1140366_zpszrhc60z0.jpg

I like the idea of using spacers instead of cutting the signal assembly. It looks great.
Thanks, in fact, the base idea to mount it flush was from you :) But I didn't want to cut all the license assembly. Instead, I had to do only small hole in side panels to let the spacer pass throught. I'm REALLY happy with my DIY mod and this is the important ;)

THnaks

Archived