The MT-07 Forum

Phoenix Bikefest - April 7-10, 2016

Jeckler

• Premium Member

Starting this Thursday is Phoenix Bikefest at Westgate. Also starting this week is AZ Bikeweek at Westworld. I'm planning on going this Saturday to Bikefest. However, there is rain in the forecast starting on Friday. I can't go on Sunday, I'm leaving to Austin for work for a few days.

Anyone else (planning on) going to either of these? I've done Bikeweek the last few years, but it's catered more to the HD crowd, IMO. It will be interesting to see the atmosphere at Westgate, if it doesn't rain cats and dogs. 

- Andy

• Global Moderator
Starting this Thursday is Phoenix Bikefest at Westgate. Also starting this week is AZ Bikeweek at Westworld. I'm planning on going this Saturday to Bikefest. However, there is rain in the forecast starting on Friday. I can't go on Sunday, I'm leaving to Austin for work for a few days. 
Anyone else (planning on) going to either of these? I've done Bikeweek the last few years, but it's catered more to the HD crowd, IMO. It will be interesting to see the atmosphere at Westgate, if it doesn't rain cats and dogs. 
Ill be at wesgate thursday and sunday morning
im interested in the demos from yamaha ducati and triumph
i wanna see what the newer striples and 698 monsters are like
there are supposdd to be a few electrics there as well

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
Ill be at wesgate thursday and sunday morning im interested in the demos from yamaha ducati and triumph
i wanna see what the newer striples and 698 monsters are like
there are supposdd to be a few electrics there as well
I was probably going to hit up the one at Westgate for the same reason -- Bikeweek is pretty Harley-centric.  Plus it sounds like there may be more demo rides available at Bikefest.  Hoping to ride the Zero FX and maybe a few others.

I wanted to test ride an FZ-07, but it seems like they will only have FZ-09s to ride... Bummer.

I actually love riding in the rain. It's so rare in the Phoenix area, but it makes me smile every time.

• Premium Member

On the Bikefest website, they don't even have Yamaha listed. I swear they did a week ago though.
Give RideNow in Chandler a call. I was told a few weeks ago that there may be a demo truck in the next month or so.

- Andy

On the Bikefest website, they don't even have Yamaha listed. I swear they did a week ago though. Give RideNow in Chandler a call. I was told a few weeks ago that there may be a demo truck in the next month or so.
This is information from RideNow Chandler. I received a call a week or more ago from one of their salespersons relaying the info that FZ-07s would NOT be available for test rides.

• Premium Member
phicurious86

I'll be coming back from LA on Sunday, probably won't make either.

• Premium Member

@maritan, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But, it's a salesman who told you, so... :) Anyway, maybe @sorkyah can let us know, even though demos aren't supposed to be running tomorrow. And find out if Akrapovic will have exhausts for sale.

- Andy

• Global Moderator
@maritan , that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But, it's a salesman who told you, so... :) Anyway, maybe @sorkyah can let us know, even though demos aren't supposed to be running tomorrow. And find out if Akrapovic will have exhausts for sale.
i will do just that, demos are available tomorrow, but only if you arranged them ahead of time with the reps. the yamaha demo fleet at bikefest will have 2 demo fz-07s(matte silver and raven)  it is the same fleet that has been circulating around the western US for demo days at dealerships. 

@sorkyah - What?!?! I trusted that guy from RideNow Chandler and never even bothered to check. Dammit. Probably too late, but I'll check it out.

ETA: I don't see Yamaha listed on the Phoenix Bike Fest website... Should I just show up on Saturday or Sunday? Friday is out of the question...

• Premium Member

I'm assuming the rest of the weekend will be first come-first serve. That's how it's normally done.

- Andy

• Premium Member

Myself and a couple non-Yamaha riding buddies will be meeting at Cracker Barrel at Mesa Riverview for breakfast on Saturday monring. 6:30AM. KSU to head to Glendale around 7:30. The event and demos don't officially start until 10AM, but if other demo events I've been to are any indication, sign-ups will start about an hour earlier.

- Andy

The way the next couple days are shaping up for me, I'll try to make it there on Sunday morning. Thanks for letting me know.

• Global Moderator

@sorkyah - What?!?! I trusted that guy from RideNow Chandler and never even bothered to check. Dammit. Probably too late, but I'll check it out. 
ETA: I don't see Yamaha listed on the Phoenix Bike Fest website... Should I just show up on Saturday or Sunday? Friday is out of the question...

Turns out your guy in chandler was a bit better informed than I.... damn email lag

The yamaha truck had 'unforseen complications' and yamaha pulled out of the event as they wouldnt be able to showcase any of their product

Oh well... so much for riding the xsr900

The yamaha truck had 'unforseen complications' and yamaha pulled out of the event as they wouldnt be able to showcase any of their product
[span][/span]

Looks like my Sunday just opened up. I guess I'll take my Border Collies herding instead. Can't complain. :D

Archived