The MT-07 Forum

Passenger Seat falling apart

topazsparrow

topazsparrow

I've got 600km on my bike and between the corrosion on the water inlets going to the rad and now the passenger seat coming apart, I'm a bit miffed.

Anyone else had issues at all with the rear seat's staples letting go? One corner of my seat is letting go - two or three staples have come out and the fabric is loose there now.

Not sure what to do about it.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Contact the dealer. The seat should be replaced under warranty by the dealer, since it is defective. You should post a picture of the corrosion you mention, so some of our members can better see how bad it is to give a better opinion. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Right, warranty! My granddaughter actually rides on mine and a year later it's still fine... granted, when unused mine is replaced by the factory solo cover--but, still...

Definitely a warranty replacement - or just find someone with a pneumatic upholstery stapler and pop a couple staples into it.

The black paint on the wheels is paper thin. Gonna guess it's the same way with those pipes. It's just another of the little things that allows them to sell this bike for $7k.

Archived