The MT-07 Forum

How much should i pay for this?

rucasree

So..im looking to buy a fz-07 and i stumbled upon one on Craigslist that has a lot of mods.

So my question is what is the max i should pay for it? They are asking for around $8700.
it has 2000 miles on it and its located in California .

Here are the mods:
-Frame Sliders
-Windshield
-USP output
-Fender Eliminator
-Front/Back Integrated Signals
-Spiegler Race Brake Lines FULL SET
-Bar end Mirrors
-Akrapovic Titanium Full Exhaust
-Radiator Guard
- Relocated Rear Master Cylinder

not sure if i can post a link so i just wrote it here.
Thanks guys!

ParticleCannon

I've been told that selling a bike you should do your best to return everything to OEM, since you aren't gonna get what you put into it (and you'll get more selling upgrades as used parts).

On the flip side I imagine that this should be more like an FZ-07 with 2,000 miles and thats it. MAYBE some consideration for the exhaust, but no more than half retail.

• Global Moderator

$8700? That is ridiculous. You could get a new bike for that and have enough left for everything except the exhaust. The seller will eventually realize that mods do very little to increase the price of the bike. I would pay about $6000, unless it is the carbon Akra, then I would not be interested as it is too loud for me (see what I mean about the mods).

Thanks for the input guys!
also another question, are those aftermarket brake lines going to be a hassle in the future(to take care of etc...)? i know nothing about them

Thanks for the input guys! also another question, are those aftermarket brake lines going to be a hassle in the future(to take care of etc...)? i know nothing about them
no they are better. they are braided steel not just rubber.  

6k-6.5k

Man, there was a guy selling his fz09 locally for 5500.00 with only like 500 miles on it. Too bad the fz09 is ugly or I would've jumped on that.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

6k-6.5k 
Man, there was a guy selling his fz09 locally for 5500.00 with only like 500 miles on it. Too bad the fz09 is ugly or I would've jumped on that.
i would totally do it! the only thing is that i have legs of a dwarf :( 

he's not going to sell it for cheap enough to warrant buying it.

i wouldnt pay more than 6500 if it's got less than 5k miles. anything more, 6k

Archived