The MT-07 Forum

Officially licensed!

woodykillo

So I had to take the auto renewal written test too! I didn't know that I had to do that, it caught me off guard. Also paying 60 full coverage from State Farm. I'm from California Long beach to be exact and some company Dairyland was trying to make me pay 4400 a year , in other words "400 a month I can't believe they tried to rip me off just cause I said I'm new to this! What an A***h***e
Has this happened to any of you. Let me know please and thank you.

• Global Moderator

Congrats on the license. From what I have read insurance rates vary wildly between companies. It seems that you just have to keep shopping around until you find a good deal. Personally I got a great rate with State Farm.

• Premium Member

Yep. I have a clean record and one of the quotes I got online for the FZ-07 was over $9,000 per year. (rofl)
That's what happens when you request quotes online, I guess.
But most were around the $1,200+ mark for me probably because I live in one of the top-ranked car accident cities in America (Glendale, CA).

Wow some of those are insane rates! I ended up going to an insurance broker and they got me full coverage for under $800/yr (CDN). I'm a brand new rider and don't have any safety courses yet.

If there are people that are not familiar with what a broker does, basically they are affiliated with dozens of actual insurance companies - they take your info and submit it to all the companies they are tied to and quote you the cheapest rate. And it doesn't cost you a thing!

Archived