The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha Soft Saddlebags rain cover - I'm challenged

maybe07

• Premium Member

I can't figure out out to put on the included rain covers for the Yamaha soft saddlebags. The rain covers are like a stuff bag about the right size, but I can't see how they fit over the metal support and the velcro connection to the other saddlebag. I'm even thinking that I lost the original rain covers and these are to something else. 

Has anybody else used the rain covers with no problems?

• Premium Member

Hey @maybe07:
I have the same saddlebags. The rain "covers" are actually waterproof inner bags that go inside the saddlebags. It's confusing because some web sites that sell the bags advertise them as waterproof covers.

• Premium Member
Hey @maybe07 : I have the same saddlebags. The rain "covers" are actually waterproof inner bags that go inside the saddlebags. It's confusing because some web sites that sell the bags advertise them as waterproof covers.

Thanks, now I can get some sleep.

cookfreeordie89

They do make outer covers for them. The bags are based on the swmotech bags and I believe they use the same outer waterproof bags

• Premium Member

For what it's worth, as a hiker and kayaker... I always opt for an outerbag with an internal rainbag. Inevitably an external rainfly gets a hole or nick or wears through. This way the tougher bag takes the abuse and the more delicate drybag stays protected.

Not that it's the only way. Just my preference.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

I appreciate all the comments, and now I'll use the rain bag to keep the contents inside the bag dry. But I agree with Hobbs in wanting an outside cover. Does anyone have a link or lead for a waterproof outside cover that fits? 

• Global Moderator
I appreciate all the comments, and now I'll use the rain bag to keep the contents inside the bag dry. But I agree with Hobbs in wanting an outside cover. Does anyone have a link or lead for a waterproof outside cover that fits? 
426265_scene7?$OD-Dynamic$&wid=360&hei=360

Think these should do the job just fine

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
I appreciate all the comments, and now I'll use the rain bag to keep the contents inside the bag dry. But I agree with Hobbs in 
Think these should do the job just fine

Good idea, but I'll get something smaller than the 39 gallon size.

Archived