The MT-07 Forum

Soon to be (sort of) FZ-07 owner in Oregon.

intransit

Hi all! I'm planning on buying myself an FZ-07 next March for my 26th birthday. I'd love to buy one now but I'd rather put away about half of the msrp for a down payment. Hopefully I'll be able to get a better deal than I could now on the bike and insurance. I'm leaning towards getting it in Rapid Red, it just looks so good :D

I've been riding on and off since I was 19.

My first bike was a 1982 Yamaha XS400 Maxim. I rode that bike for 3 years and loved it. It was light, nimble and responsive, if a little cold blooded. I sold it when I felt I was ready to move up to a bigger motorcycle.

My next bike was a 1979 Honda CB650. While it had more power than my first bike and was plenty of fun, I never loved it as much as my Yamaha; largely because it was not as well taken care of by it's previous owner as my first bike. I spent as much time tinkering with it as I spent riding it. I ended up selling it in the fall of 2012 to help pay for school. 

I've got the itch worse than ever and the only way to scratch it is to ride. I've had my eyes on a Triumph Bonneville for about a year now. I wanted a torquey motor in a bike that is easy to handle and looks good. The Bonnie ticked all of those boxes for me, but the stock styling is a little vanilla. It looks good, but with new bars, mirrors and exhaust, it can look great ($$$ out of my pocket). Then I discovered the FZ-07 a few weeks ago. I read some reviews and watched chaseontwowheels' and CagerOnTwoWheels' Youtube videos, and I was sold. This bike looks fantastic. It has a similarly spec'd engine (in torque and horsepower) in a bike that weighs 100 pounds less, is liquid cooled, has an extra gear, a better dash, fatter tires, all for $1000 less. I love the classic styling of the Bonnie, but it will have to wait.

• Global Moderator

You will love the FZ-07. Everyone here that has one is very happy with it. I cannot wait to get out and ride mine every day. It will be worth the wait. And welcome to the forum. If you have any questions in the meantime do not hesitate to ask.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome intransit! Excellent color choice! According to our poll it's the fastest color. See it and vote here. The FZ07 is all those things you listed and more and you're gonna love it! 

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks! If the U.S. had the Graphite color with a black frame and wheels, I'd be all over it. The blue is a little too pastel for me :P

Archived