The MT-07 Forum

Is your horn working?

bernard1414

bernard1414

Mine is not. The bike currently has 137 miles on it, a M4 slip on, TST flushmount signals with TST flasher relay, and thats about it. Horn just didn't work today when I needed it too. Does not work with bike on, or in the on position with the engine off. Any ideas?

• Global Moderator

Check the fuse
Ya might have blown it somehow

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

twowheeladdict

This bike came with a horn? I push some button and then I look around to see where the scooter is. If you need the horn to beep beep at some girl on the sidewalk, maybe she will hear it.

2015 FZ-07

As bikes go these days, it's an OK horn. But aftermarket would be better for sure - My Aprilia's OE horn was wimpier than the horn on a friend's DR350 dual purpose Suzuki!

That said, if the fuse is OK, (gonna guess the horn is not on its own circuit, so something else might also be off) put your hand on the horn and push the button. If you can feel something right as you push the button, the innards of the horn are stuck. Give it a whack with the handle of a screw driver - try again. If you feel nothing (and it's not alcohol induced) , I'd have a look at the switch (button, whatever ya want to cal it) - it might have some corrosion or maybe even broken inside.

When i get my Aprilia inspected, I get a big smile on my face while out in the showroom and i hear those FIAMS, knowing full well some unsuspecting mechanic's heart just skipped a beat, heh,heh.

bernard1414

Was the signal fuse. Guess when installing the flush mounts and before installing the relay, the fuse must have blown. Oh well, easy fix. Thanks for the input guys!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Good deal! Fuse is always the place to start in any circuit with one.

Archived