The MT-07 Forum

ECU Flash vs. EJK vs. Power Commander V

autoentropy

autoentropy

All I have done is put a Yoshimura R77 on. What is going to help the most with power and give a smooth ride. Asked on the Fz-07 Motorcycle riders facebook page, everybody said buy a Grom.

If you want to smooth it out. get an ecu flash. i havent tried the others but my ride is super smooth after 2wdw flash. totally different feel from stock.

• Premium Member
All I have done is put a Yoshimura R77 on. What is going to help the most with power and give a smooth ride. Asked on the Fz-07 Motorcycle riders facebook page, everybody said buy a Grom.
....buy a Grom because everyone wants you to look like a circus bear pulling stoopid tricks instead of actually riding. ;) 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

I can only offer my biased opinion. EJK

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I'm going with a PCV when I get mine in a few weeks because I'm familiar with it. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the choices, better fueling is going to make a smoother, more responsive ride. Power difference is going to be negligible, we're only talking a few horsepower. The bike is a torque beast to begin with so adding a little bit of power isn't going to dramatically change the bike. What you will notice with any of these choices is that the throttle response and fueling will make the whole bike come alive throughout the rev range.

Buy the solution you want, I'd venture to guess you'll enjoy it just as much as the next one.

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I'm a big fan of the 2wdw flash. Flashing ecu can do things that no add on fuel controller can do. I think price is pretty inline with others as well. If you change pipes he will reflash for free.

I have had the EJK and I just now got the 2WDW flash done. 2WDW flash is the way to go if you can afford the extra cash and down time.

• Premium Member

I chose the EJK at the "BEST" for me because like tbuck46 said... there's no down time. I like that I can install the EJK myself and then immediately hop on my bike to feel the results.

That being said raising idle, adjusting timing and removing the speed limiter weren't important to me. You can't adjust those parameters with the EJK. With the flash you can do all those things and more.

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

autoentropy
I chose the EJK at the "BEST" for me because like tbuck46 said... there's no down time. I like that I can install the EJK myself and then immediately hop on my bike to feel the results.
Im going to do it in a few months when it is 120* and to hot to ride. 

Archived