The MT-07 Forum

Anybody with an EJK *and* an ECU flash from 2WDW?

so1102

• Premium Member

I'm currently running an EJK and Akra carbon (with snorkel and lid removed and 02 sensor unplugged, per Dobeck's recommendations).  Bike runs great, but I keep wondering if I would see any additional benefit by also flashing my ECU.

If anyone uses both, what were your results?  Did you do it all at once, or over a longer period of time?

I have a Graves exhaust that I put on my bike last year. I ran the bike all summer and fall with the EJK and it ran well. I rode the bike a few times this year before I sent my ECU out to 2WDW to make sure I got a good before and after comparison. I got the ECU back this past Monday, installed it and took it for a ride and I can tell you that it is a noticeable difference compared to the EJK.

It's not that the EJK is bad, it's just that it can only do so much compared to what is done with a flash of the ECU. 2WDW doesn't have a flash exactly for the Graves exhaust, but told me that what they do would get me 95% of what a dyno tune with a Graves could do. I am a believer and I have already removed the EJK off of my bike because to me it is not worth it to try to tune it any better that what I have with the flash. I will hold onto the EJK just in case, but to me it is not needed unless you are some one who wants to try to get that last 5%

If you are able to do without the bike for a bit then the flash from 2WDW is definitely the way to go, money well spent, best option. If anyone's bike is a daily ride and can't do without it then the EJK will do fine.

• Premium Member

@tbuck46 so did you just reset the EJK to stock settings? And what did you do with your O2 sensor?

You can set the EJK to settings that are not supposed to make any changes to the fueling, but I actually removed my EJK completely from the bike before I even started it up. I did that just to make sure that there was no possibility of the EJK making any changes to the fueling. I also reconnected my O2 sensor since the ECU should now be tuned for the bike using the sensor feedback. I'm pretty sure 2WDW stated somewhere that the O2 sensor should be connected with the flashed ECU. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

You can set the EJK to settings that are not supposed to make any changes to the fueling, but I actually removed my EJK completely from the bike before I even started it up. I did that just to make sure that there was no possibility of the EJK making any changes to the fueling. I also reconnected my O2 sensor since the ECU should now be tuned for the bike using the sensor feedback. I'm pretty sure 2WDW stated somewhere that the O2 sensor should be connected with the flashed ECU. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
You are correct about the O2 sensor. They recommend it in. You can also run it disconnected but may experience MPG loss. 

Archived