The MT-07 Forum

Z1000! I also sat on a xsr900 and z800.

SkH

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
Agree, not a bike for me but I still like reading about it. I don't discriminate against much of anything, especially not motorcycles. 
I want another, or new bike - but I'll just live vicariously through your thorough review. The (well, my) FZ won't resale for chit, so I'll keep rollin her along.
I agree. Especially if you have tons of miles. The FZ is one of those, buy it for the long term bikes, unless you like wasting money and have it growing out of you know where...

SigSide.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally took the bike out for a night ride yesterday.  The projection LEDs really suck.  When I first got it, I aimed the low beams up higher since it was way too low.  But actually riding the bike at night there is  too much dead spot because of that and the beam in general is very dim, I've come to realize what I need to do is lower the low beams down to where they were at stock and then lower the high beams to where my low beams are currently, and always ride with high beams on.   Oh yes, and aiming both beams on this bike ain't no picnic let me tell you.  Super cramped back there...

[video src=https://youtu.be/bffbgZSHtpA]

Mods kind of sucked installing on this bike.  Radiator guards, tail tidy, switching out the horn, bar end mirrors, they were all considerably harder than the FZ07.  I won't get into it but just know that I took more time than I would've liked and had a few hand injuries.  I guess everything is just more cramped on this bike.

OEM parts are very expensive for some strange reason.  The entire OEM muffler assembly costs 3000.00 at a 3rd party parts house to give you an idea.  Fuel tank is around 950.  If I were to replace all my green parts with metallic silver, it will set me back 1600.00.  Ugh.

I posted this in the gallery but realize many members don't visit the galleries much.

z1kb10.jpg

I bought a slip on against my instincts and of course my instincts were right, the slip on did nothing other than lighten the bike, so I promptly removed them.  That was a waste of money.  What I should've done is removed the stock cans and turn on the bike because as with the FZ, all the muffling happens where the catalytic convertor is on in the collector box.  I need to buy a full system that will set me back 1300 bucks if I truly want to change the sound, and then add another 300 bucks for a reflash, so 1600 bucks.  I'm still contemplating whether or not to do this considering I've become tired of how loud the FZ07 is.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Yeah, try lowering those beams. Looks like it's trying throw that light out too far.

SigSide.jpg

bmwpowere36m3

Parts for the FZ-07 are stupid cheap... cheapest of any bikes I've owned. Were the headlights on the Z1000... ;)

• Premium Member

Congrats! Love the updates.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

So I have a thing with 1st gear top speed.  I don't know why. 

Here is the R3, and FZ07 respectively.  To be fair, I think the FZ does 49-50 but redlining it sucks so much (the way the engine feels)I might've shifted early.

1s10.jpg

I've been googling Z1k 4th gen info, and didn't find the 1st gear top speed answer I was looking for so I finally went and checked even though the bike has less than 400 miles on it.

1st10.jpg

Around 65mph on 1st gear. Not bad. Not as beefy as I was expecting, but not bad. 209 is the bike's temp by the way with not much stop and go. Thing runs hot.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

Archived