The MT-07 Forum

Sliding during full throttle

bernard1414

bernard1414

Does anyone else slide back and hit the rear seat during full throttle? Wondering if i'm sitting too close to the tank, or its just that torqueyyy. 

bmwpowere36m3

Grip the tank with your knees and lean forward… anticipate it. I went a step further and added grippy tank pads (TechSpec Snake Skin).

• Global Moderator

I have the Seat Concepts gripper seat. I am not sliding anywhere.

As mentioned, anticipate the acceleration and lean forward.
Similar to riding as passenger in a car where you are not able to anticipate acceleration and deceleration and cornering - you'll be thrown around with less control.

In other words, get involved with the physical part of riding the bike as it will make you a better rider.

• Premium Member

I grip the tank with my legs and lean/push myself forward and anticipate the forces... I made a " stop" on my dirt bike seat by adding a piece of " foam noodle" used for floating in pool under the seat fabric...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

It is that torquey and I haven't hit the back seat but it has straightened my arms out.

Beemer

I have the Seat Concepts gripper seat and a Nelson Riggs tail bag strapped on the back that has been molded (pressed?) into the exact shape of my butt on it's front side. No seat slides of skid marks for me!

Archived