The MT-07 Forum

preload adjustment

cookfreeordie89

cookfreeordie89

I weigh 205 lbs with gear and saddle bags installed. I was wondering what you guys set your preload at. And when you ride 2up what setting do you use?the passenger would be at 140lbs

• Premium Member

You are gonna have to have an extra set of hands to help take " sag" measurement... Adjust preload as needed to get desired " sag"

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

cookfreeordie89
You are gonna have to have an extra set of hands to help take " sag" measurement... Adjust preload as needed to get desired " sag"

What is the spec for the sag. I just looked at the shop manual and could not find it

• Premium Member

After a quick search of the web 33 mm give or take a couple of mm ... Can't really adjust the front unless there is preload adjustment

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
phicurious86
I weigh 205 lbs with gear and saddle bags installed. I was wondering what you guys set your preload at. And when you ride 2up what setting do you use?the passenger would be at 140lbs
Suspension will be garbage 2up. Bike is setup for a 160ish lb rider Set your rear preload to 7 and see how that feels solo.

I had changed the suspension to the 5 setting when I first got the bike and didn't know much about sag and preload. I've put about 2000 miles on the bike before I decided to change it to the stock 3 setting. I'm about 145lbs with all gear on and it def has made a huge difference in dynamic feel. With the 5 setting at my weight the back end felt skippy and not planted through corners. Some of the road bumps would cause me to hop a lil out of seat. The new setting better suited to my weight has really helped to give the bike a better, crisper turn-in feel.

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

Archived