The MT-07 Forum

Tail light but no brake light

bee

Hey y'all,

I recently installed the TST Industries rear and front turn signals and the flasher relay. Everything works but when I press the front and rear brakes the brake light does not come on. I checked the fuses and my wiring and all good. Has anyone come across this and have a fix? Or any idea where I should check? Thanks for any responses!

-Bee

• Global Moderator

Did you check all the fuses? They are in two different places.

LOL, you brought back some fun memories. I had this issue and was scratching my head for a good 30min before I figured it out. You definitely burnt out a fuse like mjh937 said. When you installed your new signalers did you also remember to disconnect your running lights? I burned through like 5 fuses before I found the issue.

bernard1414

Had the same exact thing last week. It's the signal fuse in the fuse box. It's a 10amp fuse. 100% sure it's that. Check your horn too, it should also not work. Hope this helps

So I figured out the problem... Well my wife ended up figuring out the problem. Turns out my brake light was actually being engaged all the time. So I had to adjust rear brake bolt and it went back to the standard low light "tail light". I had to play with the bolts a little bc they continued to want to stick after pressing rear brake. But all is well. Thanks for the comments.

Archived