The MT-07 Forum

Changing gold front fork

wangshin248

bmwpowere36m3

That's anodized... paint will not look the same. The "cheapest" would be a fork swap to say the R6 or similar.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

To OP,

You have a lot of reading to do. Not many front end changes have been done to our bike. Those that have done it have gone to expensive or lengthy measures to reach their goals. Is it doable? Yes. Is it timely/expensive? Yes. Is it worth it? Up to you.

From my understanding the FZ-09 forks are too long for our usage, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing (if you plan on using clip-ons on top of the trees it might be desirable with a riser....oooooo got me thinking...what you think @pattonme? Will that clear our tank? Then you have the R6 forks which is shorter than our forks. It is doable, but will for sure change the geometry and maybe you want that? But nonetheless expensive. These mods are purely cosmetic. We have cartridge retrofits available now if suspension is your concern (cartridge kit done right will be better than stock R6), but if cosmetics is your concern, I get it, no I do. I kind of want to do this myself...

SigSide.jpg

You'll want to talk to a GOOD anodizer. But frankly better to go powdercoat IMO. OP are you looking for just the gold color on the FZ07 lowers instead of the standard black? If you want to try USD fork frontends, that's a whole different ball game.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
icarryglock89

I have a buddy that just had his forks vinyl wrapped like they do to cars. Looks amazing & came out perfect.

• Global Moderator
I have a buddy that just had his forks vinyl wrapped like they do to cars. Looks amazing & came out perfect.
Could you get a photo? I would like to see what that looks like. 

Archived