The MT-07 Forum

Buying New Pricing Advice.

Sangwich

What price can I expect otd new 2016 FZ-07 in New Mexico/Texas. Talked to one dealer the lowest they negotiated Saturday was 8000 flat. Another over phone quoted 8500. I'd really like an idea of what to aim for while still being realistic and save a few hundred. Also any game plan tips for negotiations would be helpful. Thank you.

• Premium Member

I'm in California and we usually have higher prices
You shouldn't pay more than 7500$ OTD in Cali so maybe you'll get a much better deal. Look at the pricing thread and see if there are any recent purchases from people in your area and see what they paid. Here's the link to that:
http://fz07.org/thread/24/fz-07-pricing-thread

Also, have you checked Costco pricing in your area?
Lastly, keep calling up more dealers and have them compete.

• Premium Member

Pricing varies by location, supply and demand in each areas and some ppl have good relationships and get nice low prices...many variables

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I noticed you said Costco but I had no idea you can get a motorcycle thru them, can someone explain the process?

Guest Ralph

You can sometimes get a better deal if you can
get some accessory's that you are going to fit
in with the deal rather than going
for the lowest price.

twowheeladdict

Find a dealer wanting to sell a bike more than you want to buy it. That is the way to get the best deal. Sometimes you have to be willing to travel for a good deal. I have flown and rode because the deal was below what the local dealer said it cost him for the bike. (like I believe that).

I bought my '15 brand new in January of '16 for $6400 plus tax. Could have got one for less if I had been willing to go 6 hours to get it, but I used that bike as a barometer to see how low I could get all the dealers within 2 hours of me.

Cash talks as well.

I have passed on motorcycles because I couldn't get the deal I wanted. I would have bought a Ducati Scrambler if I could have gotten the deal I wanted. Nice bike, but I wasn't willing to pay all the dealer tack on crap fees that are pure profit.

2015 FZ-07

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

Use the same advice when financing. This is the first time I've tried multiple sources for financing, and they actually fought over me until I got 5 years at 5.35%.

Fearedbynone

i got a 2015 so it had a rebate. i paid 6100 before ttl. see if you can find a 2015, still brand new, no miles.

Dave

Guest ChicagoAJ

If you bring cash/check you'll get the lowest price 99.99% of the time. No matter what you think you get OTD if you're financing they're just banking off the interest especially if you finance through them. I've bought bikes with a really nice OTD number and agreed to financing, then paid the bike off the next month. Best way to save money, in my opinion.

• Premium Member

Get a 2015 if you're not set on a specific color. Both 15 and 16 are mechanically identical.

$7800 new from dealer 2016 black... I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere... only 1 big sportbike dealership in my town :( . Due to work and other variables; traveling 200 miles is out of question.

• Premium Member
Also any game plan tips for negotiations would be helpful.
Seems like dealers feel increased pressure near the end of the month. Last time I bought from a dealer it was midway through the last week of the month (and the dead of winter) when I decided to pull the trigger. He called and asked me if we could close before the end of the month. I asked what it would be worth to him. He offered to knock a bit off when I promised to show up with cash before the month ended. 
Also, (IMO) having a motorcycle is better than not having one. So when the weather's nice and all your friends are out having fun without you, there's some utility in paying a little more to be riding with your buddies rather than wishing you were riding. Only you can decide what that's worth. Are you looking for the best deal you can get? Then be patient, and wait it out. Are you itchin' to ride now? Well, that might be worth a couple hundred bucks...

BTW, I got a quote from a dealer in Florence, CO on a brand new 2016 FZ-07 for $6690 plus doc fees, taxes, etc. That's about the best price I've found anywhere along the CO Front Range. The FZ-07 seems to be a popular motorcycle here.

YMMV

I ended up going with 2016 black for 7800 Out the door, going to get exhaust added next :). And get rid of pogo stick.

• Premium Member

congrats then, sangwich!
enjoy the pogo stick 'til you actually convert it to a fancy motorcycle!  :P

Finally feel like I can be part of the forum as a "FZ-07 owner" Haven't even rode "MY" bike yet but going to try to get pictures soon....

• 1 month later...
Use the same advice when financing. This is the first time I've tried multiple sources for financing, and they actually fought over me until I got 5 years at 5.35%.

My credit union is qouting me 1.99% at 5 years. Is that something I should jump on when I twist the throttle on my purchase?

My credit union is qouting me 1.99% at 5 years. Is that something I should jump on when I twist the throttle on my purchase?
I don't usually recommend financing for a motorcycle purchase, but at that rate I'd do it.

Just planning ahead for February or March, which hopefully I can pay cash for it by then. If not, at least I know I will have a good APR!

Guest ChicagoAJ

Who cares what the APR is if you're only financing a tiny amount. Just pay for what you can in cash and pay off the rest as quickly as possible. I bought my last car and got a $5000 rebate because they offered a financing deal at something like 4.99%. Made sure I could make bigger payments and pay it off quicker without penalties. When the first payment came I just paid the balance and saved myself 5 grand.

Archived