The MT-07 Forum

2014+ Honda VFR800

jeffkisthename

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Anyone got one or have experience with it? Whatcha think?

74ca2fe2c4ccc44e8a1cc9b9aaa65be0.jpg

SigSide.jpg

When I was looking for a new bike recently, I looked at one and took it for a test ride. Great sport-touring machine, but compared with what I was looking for, it was too big, ponderous, and they have a significant power jump once up above 6500 or so that was a rush, but not too useful in day to day riding. All the reviews on this bike are fantastic, and for long-distance sport-touring you can't go wrong. But the low-end torque and low weight of the FZ07 won me over.

• Premium Member

Never ridden one, but they look damned sexy. I would seriously consider one if I was going to do more long distance rides (that or the BMW F800GT)

twowheeladdict

If you are seriously considering one, go to a forum that specializes in them. When I sat on a previous generation, the first thing I notices was the tall seat height and the weight felt high on the bike. I have heard that people don't like the complexity of the latest engine, but I don't know if those comments are unfounded because I am always hearing people complain about ABS, Traction Control, Fuel Injection, etc.

They did catch my eye the last time I was at the multi bike dealership.

2015 FZ-07

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Nah, not serious. I'm more serious about the R1 and MT/FZ-10.

I was just wondering about people's experience with it on this board aka my online buddies haha. I think it's a cool bike, but 93 HP and 52 lbs. of TQ and weighing in around 530 wet is maybe not fast enough for me? Not sure. Never rode one. I kind of want my second bike to knock my socks off...

SigSide.jpg

Archived