The MT-07 Forum

Icon Alliance vs Airmada

tfountain30

tfountain30

Looking to get a new helmet on a budget and it's come down to these two. Anyone have any experience with either/both the Icon Alliance and Icon Airmada?

Side note: HJC Cl-17 is currently in 3rd place right now if anyone has any experience with this helmet as well.

Have you looked into AGV helmets. They have some budget helmets that look nice that you may like also. Some of them have the extra tinted inside screen that flips down in addition to the normal visor.

• Premium Member

Have the Airmada, had the HJC you mentioned.

The HJC was not that great for me at freeway speeds. Head was always being buffered and blind spot checks felt like being punched in the skull.

The Airmada is really good, for me anyway. Super stable, fits snug so it's not rocking around. Vents pretty well but it can be loud due to the turbulence. For the money it's a great value. I got the Volare color scheme in yellow and it's honestly loads better than a black helmet. White works well too and everyone's opinion is subjective, but I got cut off a lot more wearing a black lid. Even when I had a hi vis jacket and black lid. Now my jacket is black with the aforementioned yellow or white and the results compel me to never wear a black helmet. The choice is yours.

Everything went braap.

Fearedbynone

I have a cl-17, its ok... its about 4 times more quiet than my bell qualifier dlx on the highway. at 70 i can actually hear the people i am talking too on the intercom. with the bell, after 35 mph i cant hear crap.

cl-17 is only temporary, until i can save up for an arai signet q or the pro tour with the drop down sun visor.

Dave

I have 2 cl-17's, (matte black and blue redline edition). It was the 1st helmet I found that actually fit me, none of the icon or scorpion helmets I tried on fit right.

I have no problems with the cl-17, the shields are cheap and the padding inside is plush and comfy. Ventilation is good and you get BOTH a snell & DOT rated helmet. I do get buffeting at high speeds but I wear an XL, I suspect I'd get that wearing just about any helmet.

Guest ChicagoAJ

My Airmada (Chantilly) is loud. But it's so comfortable and the quality is amazing. Also, it doesn't really buffer at all and I've had it over 130mph. 

• 3 weeks later...
justblade

I have both helmets and the alliance is definitely much quieter then the airmada. Comfort I find isn't much different. I don't have much time in the airmada it's still breaking in but they are both comfortable helmets. The airmada does vent much better. Which is great for summer but has more noise. I will probably be riding with the alliance until it gets warmer. It's still pretty cold here in ontario. As far as buffeting goes airmada is better but not to the point were I noticed a huge different. There both good helmets and I think you will enjoy either :thumbup: e9f0a16b1132e722339c5b15a28e91d0.jpg

justblade
Looking to get a new helmet on a budget and it's come down to these two. Anyone have any experience with either/both the Icon Alliance and Icon Airmada? 

Side note: HJC Cl-17 is currently in 3rd place right now if anyone has any experience with this helmet as well.
I got my girlfriend the Hjc cl17 yesterday haven't rode in it due to the pink and black color scheme but from looking at and putting it on seemed like a very nice lid.

Archived