The MT-07 Forum

Tell me what you don't like about your gear

ShiftHer

So we often come to a forum and tell everyone when we've found a jacket or helmet or other gear that we really love (or really hate!), but we don't really talk the small annoyances we might deal with for the gear we like and use. Even if you really like your gear, there's probably still something about it that bugs you. So let's vent.

I'll start...

Joe Rocket Pro Street Gloves
I love these gloves. Super comfortable. The wrist strap is like half an inch too short. Always pops out of the strap retainer when I take the gloves off and is annoying to get back in there when I'm putting them on. The inner lining of the gloves isn't securely bonded or sewed to the glove, so if your hands sweaty, you have to be very careful taking them off so you don't pull the lining out. It takes forever to get it back in there. (I'm on my 2nd pair of these gloves and both pairs are like this. I'd buy them a third time though--they are really that comfortable.)

Joe Rocket Cleo 2.2 Mesh Jacket
The jacket bunches up in the front when I sit on the bike. The sleeves could be an inch longer. I get weird tan lines in the summer from the small gap between jacket cuff and glove cuff.

Shoei Neotec Helmet
The chin strap cover is about half an inch too short, so there's a gap between the strap covers where the chin strap rubs against my skin. On long rides, this is very irritating. The shield fogs up constantly. CONSTANTLY. The shield is also very easy to scratch. I put 3 huge gashes right in the middle of mine today simply by grazing a door on the way through it. :( The mirror shield... that I had to special order from Japan... :( :( :(

Speed & Strength Backlash Jacket
The belt loop attachments are so high up inside the jacket liner there's no way you can actually attach them to your belt or belt loops unless you wear Steve Urkle pants.

Okay! So... What bugs you about your gear?

twowheeladdict

Zipper pulls breaking. I carry small zip ties with me and have them on boots, jackets, and pants.

2015 FZ-07

pinlock will fix te fogging

#weridenyc
2012 FZ8 (Grizzly)
IXIL Hyperlow XL L3X Exhaust
CRG Levers
Traf-X LED Turn Signals
OES Frame Sliders

• Global Moderator

Currently... that its all ripped up
Before that though...

A* Viper air jacket
All adjustments are velcro, and if you arent a twig, the come apart every other tine you zip the jacket up.

.A* smx-3 boots
comfy as hell but louder than a gorram reaver
Walking down the hallway at school sounds like im walking in 8" platforms with a squeaky toy under the heel
Also... the toe sliders get caught on everything during everyday use.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

A*s Megaton Jacket

Love that it's a versatile many seasons jacket. Waterproof liner is removable and it's a nice sporty yet not race cut look. I dislike that some threads have busted and where there was white thread is now grey. Oh, and some of the reflective material looks kind of worn. I've only had this jacket since last September. I would think some of the materials would have held up better, but I do ride 5 days a week, so...

A*s Corozal Winter Gloves

Love the look, dislike the bulk and the fact that it doesn't keep my hands as warm as I expected.

A*s GP Pro gloves

Love the race protection and premium materials. Super tight on the hands and can be a pain to put on and take off due to it being a full gauntlet.

A*s neck warmer

Love it. Nuff said.

A*s open face balaclava

Works really well. I only have to make sure when putting my helmet it, it doesn't shift into a position that be uncomfortable.

Freeze-out Base Layers

Works good and happy they're cheap.

That's all I can't think of right now.

Bell Star Helmet (2016) Helmet

Love almost everything about this helmet: minimal buffeting, fit around the cranium, air flow, magnet chin strap, thick Faceshield, new design for eye port gasket, and eye port openings for visibility. The things that are annoying is how loud it is (though much quieter than the old Bell Star), and the lack of speaker pods like the previous Bell Star.

Scorpion EXO-R710 Helmet

Bluetooth friendly, quieter than Bell Star, cheaper than Bell Star, and overall fit and finish. What I disliked was my fault. I bought the helmet one size too big, so the EPS in the cranium area was kind of loose.

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

In general, I don't like the fact that all the good stuff seems designed for guys who weigh about 100 lbs less than I do. Man, I haven't been 140 since I was 15!

Oh and I have large, muscular calves, and for the life of me I cannot find a set of tall boots for either street or motocross that can fit me.

I've gone through several pairs/brands of gloves and can't find something that doesn't fall apart within a couple hundred miles while still being breathable for the AZ desert heat.

I have a pair of Firstgear Mesh Lo boots that are super comfortable but the damned velcro lace cover keeps falling apart and I have to epoxy the little patch of velcro back on every month or so.  What a PITA

bmwpowere36m3
Currently... that its all ripped up Before that though...

A* Viper air jacket
All adjustments are velcro, and if you arent a twig, the come apart every other tine you zip the jacket up.

.A* smx-3 boots
comfy as hell but louder than a gorram reaver
Walking down the hallway at school sounds like im walking in 8" platforms with a squeaky toy under the heel
Also... the toe sliders get caught on everything during everyday use.

+1

On the boots, especially when wet and on linoleum/asbestos tiles... squeaky as hell, embarrassing to say the least.

dentalprodigy

I still got fogging of my visor despite having pin lock. So I got another one thinking maybe I messed up the first one during install. Then my dumbass realized it wasn't the pin lock, it was my glasses fogging up.

I still got fogging of my visor despite having pin lock. So I got another one thinking maybe I messed up the first one during install. Then my dumbass realized it wasn't the pin lock, it was my glasses fogging up.  

LOL! Now that's funny! I'll be sure to remember this because I'd want to wear my glasses too if I forget and run out of contacts!

Archived