The MT-07 Forum

Radiator Fan No Longer Coming On

tfountain30

tfountain30

I recently installed a fender eliminator kit with LED lights and due to some poor wiring on my part, I blew the signal fuse. I've since replaced it and signals are working fine now, however, my radiator fan no longer comes on (could be unrelated but seems too coincidental). 

With the seat off and fuse box exposed, I hear a popping/clicking sound upon startup but the bike starts fine and everything seems to be working fine except for the radiator fan. I've checked all of the fuses and they are all fine. Temp has been +205 degrees and fan still does not turn on.

Any advice on what to check next? Anyone else notice their fan not coming on for whatever reason? 

• Premium Member

I don't recall the temps when the fan cycles, but just because a fuse "looks" good doesn't mean it necessarily is. If there is a specific fuse for the fan, change it for a new one and start from there, just in case. Don't ask how I know to do so!!!

The click you are hearing when you hit the starter button is the starter solenoid. The main battery wire travels to it and then another big red wire goes to the starter motor. If you put a finger on that box when you hit the starter button, you will feel the contacts inside close as well as hear them slam together as a click - this is perfectly normal

The fans on my Aprila come on right at 200F. The fan on my FZ comes on up near 220F and then the temp drops pretty quickly. Seems kinda hot to me, but that's how it's been since new. .

Archived