The MT-07 Forum

pro taper/Renthal bar mod?!

caliesv

AlbatrossCafe
True, but the overall width for the stock bars is 27" measured from end of grips.  A lot of these bars may come wide so that you can cut to your liking.
I didn't even think about cutting them
I have CRG Arrow bar-end mirrors, which actually works perfectly with my ultralows. Even though they were wider, I didn't cut them down at all, but I also didn't get bar ends. 
I slid the left/right grips in a bit:
http://i.imgur.com/ViUxdyw.jpg

and just mounted the mirror directly around the end of the bar:
http://i.imgur.com/dNAG9u2.jpg

So before you go away cutting them, consider this if you have bar-end mirrors. It makes it so they aren't really as "wide" (since you are not putting on bar-ends)

Edit: Just realized that @booboobusfz07 had already posted he did the exact same thing... whoops ;-|

I didn't even think about cutting them
I have CRG Arrow bar-end mirrors, which actually works perfectly with my ultralows. Even though they were wider, I didn't cut them down at all, but I also didn't get bar ends. 
I slid the left/right grips in a bit:
http://i.imgur.com/ViUxdyw.jpg

and just mounted the mirror directly around the end of the bar:
http://i.imgur.com/dNAG9u2.jpg

So before you go away cutting them, consider this if you have bar-end mirrors. It makes it so they aren't really as "wide" (since you are not putting on bar-ends)

Edit: Just realized that @booboobusfz07 had already posted he did the exact same thing... whoops ;-|

Very nice I like that

• Global Moderator
If anyone has the renthal street fighter bar, is it possible to get a diameter measurement of the center cross bar for me? I'd be highly great full ☺
It is removeable

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

If anyone has the renthal street fighter bar, is it possible to get a diameter measurement of the center cross bar for me? I'd be highly great full ☺
It is removeable
Yeah I know, but I was trying to come up with ideas to repurpose it

OK 2 questions:

1, for the people with the ultralows. Does your upper body lean a lot further forward than stock?

2, for the people with street fighters, does your body sit more up right or closer to stock position with a wider stance.

AlbatrossCafe
OK 2 questions: 
1, for the people with the ultralows. Does your upper body lean a lot further forward than stock?

With stock my body literally perpendicular to the ground. With the ultralows, it is leaned over a bit but not a "lot" further. The woodcraft clip-ons will make it a "lot" further and more like a traditional sportbike. The ultralows are the perfect hybrid of the stock position and a sportbike leaned over position for me. They also make it easier to do a full-tuck when you need to go fast. I'll see if I can get a pic later of me on it to show the position. 

OK 2 questions: 

With stock my body literally perpendicular to the ground. With the ultralows, it is leaned over a bit but not a "lot" further. The woodcraft clip-ons will make it a "lot" further and more like a traditional sportbike. The ultralows are the perfect hybrid of the stock position and a sportbike leaned over position for me. They also make it easier to do a full-tuck when you need to go fast. I'll see if I can get a pic later of me on it to show the position.
Nice, I'm looking for a dirt bike feel. I have a r1, I don't really need/want another super bike type ride.

Archived