The MT-07 Forum

any issues with buying 2015 vs 2016 fz07?

gomeybear

Hello all,

So one of the dealerships in my area is cutting me a good deal on a 2015 fz07.  Do you all think picking up a 2015 comes with any issues that have been addressed on the 2016 model bikes? It seems like manufacturers usually correct issues after the first year bike was released. Correct me if I am wrong but 2015 was the first year this bike was introduced in the American markets right?

AlbatrossCafe
It seems like manufacturers usually correct issues after the first year bike was released. Correct me if I am wrong but 2015 was the first year this bike was introduced in the American markets right?
It is the first year for the US, but the MT-07 AKA almost the exact same bike (except for airbox essentially) has been in Europe since 2013 I think, so there were no major issues to be sorted for the first year in the US. 

Nothing that has been proven or admitted. Color doesn't affect the bikes performance right? Oh, wait ...... I recall red is the fastest color. Ha!

Beemer

Hell, the new black color alone is worth going to a 2016, even at a premium. 

img.jpg?id=29114&w=840

But, consider the higher resale value.  Imagine you're going to buy a used FZ07 a few years from now.  You find two, both the same color, same mileage, same condition.  Only difference is, one is a 2015, and the other is a 2016.  Which would you pay more for?

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

Hell, the new black color alone is worth going to a 2016, even at a premium.   
      img.jpg?id=29114&w=840

But, consider the higher resale value.  Imagine you're going to buy a used FZ07 a few years from now.  You find two, both the same color, same mileage, same condition.  Only difference is, one is a 2015, and the other is a 2016.  Which would you pay more for?

But you don't get the blurple wheels

I think that's an acquired taste. Maybe not. Maybe I'm just very conservative. But, I'm actually kicking around painting the white parts of my bike black. I like it that much!

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

• Global Moderator

I would be less concerned about resale value and would look at purchase price. You will save more buying a 2015 than you would make selling a 2016 in a few years. Unless you really want the 2016 colors (and maybe you do, we all have different tastes) I would go for the best deal, which will probably be the 2015.

2016 Silver with Blurple = Heaven 8-)

This winter and spring I'll be looking for a 15 Raven like I had or a 16 silver with the blurple wheels. Although, white would work too as I have a set of blurple wheels to swap on.

Archived