The MT-07 Forum

Motorcycle.com best standard of 2014

manuel

...is BMW R nineT.But guess who's (again) the honorable mention: our little FZ-07. And I say little just because it costs ~45% of that big boy BMW.
http://www.motorcycle.com/features/best-standard-2014.html
Anyone else here a fan of the R nineT? I just love everything about it. No ride by wire, shaft drive, air cooled boxer, made to be customized in all sorts of ways, those aluminum bits, perfect balance between retro look and modern features...oh, just amazing.

I have been a huge fan of the BMW R nineT since the very first rumors and spy shots of this bike. Once the R nineT was released my heart dropped from sticker shock, but then along comes my savior from the land of the rising sun. I have been so impressed with the execution on the FZ-07 that I have all but forgotten about the R nineT.

Im a huge fan of the bike also. Love the retro styling and wanted to do a cafe racer as my first bike but wanted something more particle. Liked the looks of the FZ9 but thought it would be to much bike. Had settled on the CB500F until I laid eyes on the new 7. Couldn't be happier that I waited for it to come out. The R nine T will defiantly be in my future plans!

• Global Moderator

The BMW looks huge in those photos. Perhaps it is just a really small rider.

I love the look of the bike also, but like most of you the price was just to much. I am VERY happy with the FZ07, have been a Yamaha fan for years, bikes like the FZ07 make me even more of a fan

Archived