The MT-07 Forum

LOOK WHAT I DID!

icarryglock89

• Premium Member

+1 for powder-coating.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator
Cerakoting > 9000 .... though in a close second, Powder-coating =9000

also... looks pretty damn good

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

icarryglock89

I have a buddy who does powder coating. Paid 100$. Well worth it in my opinion. Should of came this way from factory.

icarryglock89

Thanks brother. Cerakoting is a liquid spray on ceramic coating that is baked on in a oven. Primarily used in the firearm world. Very strong and scratch resistant.

• Premium Member

Nice!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator
Been wanting to do that for a long time. Looks great!  
What's "Cerakoting"?

As @icarryglock89 stated its a ceramic based 'powder coat' used primarily on firearms
it isnt a true liquid, more like an ultrafine powder (think cornstarch or powdered sugar) the coating is much more even and durable than standard powdercoat
It is virtually scratch and corrosion proof and available in almost any color you can think of

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Damn that bike looks familiar.. ;) I think I had mine painted a week after I got it, looks so much better. I really need to go get it powdered or cerokoted. Great choice.
@sorkyah love the reference haha

Guest ChicagoAJ

I saw a carbon fiber set of heel guards on eBay the other day for under $50.

This method, no doubt, looks better on your black, however.

• Premium Member
I have a buddy who does powder coating. Paid 100$. Well worth it in my opinion. Should of came this way from factory.
Damn that seems very expensive. I had the two silver frame thingys and a rad guard done (professionally and beautifully done too) for 60 CDN. (48 US) Shop around next time, in my humble opinion your 'buddy' is way overpriced, or maybe Im talking out my azz and that's just the going rate in your town, I dunno.

Still, I agree with you, its worth it as the silver was an eyesore, and these things should've been black OEM.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

icarryglock89

My buddy professionally powdercoats. The rate wasn't bad at all to have it done by some one I know and I dropped them off in the morning and had them back by 12 in the afternoon. I'll take that! I plan on possibly switch the whole bike to carbon. I just feel that too much = corny looking. Don't like the way carbon ages either. Even the high end stuff will eventually yellow/ fade.

Archived