The MT-07 Forum

Other naked bikes are coming

manuel

• Global Moderator

Those classic air cooled bikes have their place. It is not about power and performance. You can't really compare them with a FZ07. 

Here's an interesting shootout between a Royal Enfield, a Suzuki TU250X and a Yamaha SR400. Click 

Yeah, fuel injection is modern tech. But beside that, the engine seems the same as the late 70's. Performance numbers aren't modern imo. It was a slow 400 cc bike back then. Now, it's even worst. But i have to admit that i like the idea of a small retro bike.
   It was 500cc's back in the day
In 1978, the SR400 and 500 were available but not every markets. But, you're right, the 400 was not available for the USA  

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• 5 months later...
bravinneff

First time poster here. I joined because I am considering an FZ07 or FZ09 in my near future.

I'll be honest, from a styling point of view, I am still getting used to the FZ07/09 appearance. The Suzuki linked to above is something my mind is way more inclined to want to see, but I am slowing realizing it might just be a 10-years old dated type appearance and is not keeping up with the new direction of things. I owned a 2004 Kwaka Z1000 for years, and the new Suzuki fits right in with that look. The new look of the FZ07/09 is "forcing" those bikes to seem outdated looking, but I'm not entirely sold yet. My first reaction is that the new GSX-S750/1000 look great.

The "new" look seems to have changed in the following ways: a taller more leaned back sitting position, a shorter and smaller rear tail section that doesn't fully cover the rear tire, forks that are more exposed with more empty air space between the front tire and the headlight. This last point gives the new naked bikes a more "supermoto" type look, which reminds me of dirt bikes, and this is the thing that turns me off the most (I like street bikes afterall, not dirt bikes). The FJ-09 has the big-airspace-between-front-tire-and-headlight thing big time, and I am quite torn by it. The newer MV Agusta Brutale - a bike which in 2004 seemed to have totally ushered in the modern look that I now think is "normal" - is now leaning more to this modern look as well. Like I said, I'm not entirely sold, but I am slowly getting there.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

That BMW R NineT reminds me of a love child of the V-Max and an FZ-09 for some reason

BMW%20R9T2%202_zps01ktp4ig.jpg

BMW%20R%20NineT_zpsgtu1lbig.jpg

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Premium Member
phicurious86

If'n I had the money...

2015-mv-agusta-brutale-800-rr-2.jpg?itok=HsuPlyXw

No swing arm looks pretty cool.

Archived