The MT-07 Forum

What tools are in the stock tool kit?

michaelcly

• Premium Member

Previous owner lost some of the tools in the kit and I want to replace them. I have the tools that are attached under the seat, the pouch, and the shock adjusting tool with cheater handle.

Can I get a list of the others. Nothing in the manual on this.

2015 FZ07; Yoshimura Exhaust; Yoshimura Fender Eliminator; Shorty levers; Bazzaz EFC, frame sliders, LED signals, Yamaha Comfy Seat, Madstad Windshield.

bmwpowere36m3

No other tools... under the passenger seat are two allen keys and 2 (or 4) in 1 screwdriver and the shock spanner in the pouch. Not that they'll really help anyway and I wouldn't use them to "wrench" on the bike.

The nuts and bolts on the 07 are of dubious quality. Using the factory "toolkit" with it's cheap ultralow quality "tools" ( including the wet spagetti allenkeys) is a receipe for carnage. Got quality tools. Even then bolts will die...

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Guest 2wheeler

I hope some of the regulars see this. Might be better to start a new thread, but here's a question for y'all.

What basic tools do you carry with you at all times, as in what's in your backpack, tank bag, tail bag, etc.

Things that come to mind are a set of allen wrenches, open-ended wrenches, adjustable wrench, screwdrivers, tire gauge, maybe a small vise grip, tire plug kit, small hammer, spare headlight bulb, tire valve tool, etc.

I haven't owned a real street bike for years, and want to put together a half way decent tool kit as I plan to put some serious miles on the FZ this summer, and want to be somewhat prepared for most normal crap that can happen. The key is not to go OCD, and have a boat anchor's worth of tools.

• Premium Member

Thanks all. I guess I had everything. 

I found a set of Craftsman shorty metric wrenches. $21.50, 8 little high quality wrenches up to 11mm. I also have a 12/13 on same wrench and a 14/17. I added some high quality ball end hex wrenches (ball on long end and straight on short end). 

2015 FZ07; Yoshimura Exhaust; Yoshimura Fender Eliminator; Shorty levers; Bazzaz EFC, frame sliders, LED signals, Yamaha Comfy Seat, Madstad Windshield.

bmwpowere36m3

Zero... That's why I bought a new bike ;)

Honestly what do you plan on fixing road-side? Maybe if I was going touring, longways from home. Otherwise I stay on top of maintenance at home. Plus insurance with towing doesn't hurt.

• Global Moderator

I carry an extra set of allen keys but that's it. It tightens up the rubber strap nicely and they come in handy when I want to access the battery.
Like others said, there is not going to be much road side wrenching on an new Yamaha.

IMG_1936.JPG

Archived