The MT-07 Forum

Crg Arrows didn't perfectly fit in Rhinomoto mirror barends

SkH

[HASH]Crgarrows [HASH]crg [HASH]rhinomoto

I'm making this topic JUST IN CASE anyone else has issues with theirs.

So, after trials and tribulations with genuine Rizoma bar end mirrors on my FZ07- Rizoma mirrors are superior quality and down-right perfect along with powder coated finish that won't fade in the sun, but finding mounting options if you aren't changing out your entire handlebar is pretty much next to zero.

So I decided for my other bike, to go the super easy route and buy some CRG arrows and rhinomotos.

Well, I got them and surprise to me, they didn't fit.  I was puzzled.  I spent a good deal of time staring at the mirror clamp, staring at the bar ends, and trying to fit them in again.  I have a spare uninstalled Hindsight lane splitter + internal adapter which I bought for the R3 but didn't use.  I remove the adapter, and check that on the arrows, and it fit just fine.  Unfortunately my Z1000 (the bike I'm installing them on) has really ****ed up handlebars with a sealed inner handle bar with screw threads (which I found is not readily removable after I checked the kawasaki parts diagram... it is not a separate piece)- so the internal adapter doesn't work.

So I go search online and there is as far as I know only one other instance this has been documented and its on some Aprilia forums.  The hinge pin on the clamp is not flush.  It sticks out just barely.  I look at it with my bare eyes and its sticking out like less than .1mm which is just enough for it NOT to fit on the bar ends.  This isn't CRG's fault, this is I guess if you had to lay blame is Rhinomoto's fault for making the clamp mount groove exactly enough space to fit perfectly a CRG mirror mount, not accounting for any slight imperfections.

Upon examining the bar end from underneath, that hinge pin protruding that prevented the mount from properly setting inside has marred up the edges of the bar ends. 

So in order to make the hinge pin flush, I first tried to hammer it in with a pick tool so I won't mess up the CRG's finish.  That wasn't working, so I had to get a regular screwdriver and try to hammer it in that way.  It marred the finish, but the pin still wasn't going in.  I had to resort to using a file.  So I ****ed up the entire side of the hinge to file down the pin but that did it.  Finally the mirror fit, but unfortunately some of the hinge is popping out of the bar end so the filed down raw aluminum is visible.

Anyway, I posted this JUST IN CASE anyone gets themselves a CRG arrow + rhino moto bar end to find that it doesn't fit.  Its the hinge pin that is just barely sticking out preventing the mount from going inside the groove.

[strong]TL:DR SUMMARY:[/strong][strong]
[/strong][strong]
[/strong]If your CRG arrows don't fit properly into the mount groove on the Rhinomoto bar ends, its because the hinge pin isn't fully flush and sticks out preventing the mirror to fully fit.  You need to shave that pin down or if at all possible, hammer it in until its flush.
ANODIZED FINISH TIP:
Also, one last thing, anyone who gets a CRG mirror product.  After installing (or before installing) immediately use a polishing/coating product that has UV protection.  Apparently CRGs have some horrible anodizing that fades to brown when sun blasted. 

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

Guest ChicagoAJ

I thought I saw a few topics/posts around here where people were doing copper pipe inserts to snug everything up to work correctly.

Archived