The MT-07 Forum

DNA Stage 2 Air Box

hairnutz

Ive searched for answers but either there arent any or my googl-fu is lacking.  I have found 'what if's' and 'warnings' but Im looking for actual experiences.   Im wondering if water is able to get into the filter if a DNA Stage 2 cover is installed.  I dont ride much in the rain but would like to know if that scenario would let water in.  Im more concerned about when I wash it as I dont want to take the extra 5 minutes to remove the seat and seal the box.  Yeah, Im lazy like that but also in case I forget.  I dont want to have to take special precautions before washing.  

I know it wont really give me that much more power over stock and I will be purchasing a PCV w/Autotune but any gain it will provide will be welcomed as long as its not something that will be detrimental if I have an oops moment.

Tks all.  

• Global Moderator

Ive searched for answers but either there arent any or my googl-fu is lacking.  I have found 'what if's' and 'warnings' but Im looking for actual experiences.   Im wondering if water is able to get into the filter if a DNA Stage 2 cover is installed.  I dont ride much in the rain but would like to know if that scenario would let water in.  Im more concerned about when I wash it as I dont want to take the extra 5 minutes to remove the seat and seal the box.  Yeah, Im lazy like that but also in case I forget.  I dont want to have to take special precautions before washing.   
I know it wont really give me that much more power over stock and I will be purchasing a PCV w/Autotune but any gain it will provide will be welcomed as long as its not something that will be detrimental if I have an oops moment.

Tks all.  

Do you mean around the filter oe through it?
i have the stage 2 lid and filter
cant say ive seen more than a few drops of water around the lid... never seen any standing water in the filter
while running i could see a splash or two getting pulldd into the filter but even then you have two intake runners in the airbox that the water would have to make it past

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

If you oil it as it should be , unless you squirt the hose straight at the filter it isn't going to get through I wouldn'.t think. The oil will repel the water especially simple running on to the surface water.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived