The MT-07 Forum

Roame boots? Kisckstarter

booboobusfz07

booboobusfz07

Hmmmmmmm. Saw these. Really neat concept with the light effects. And I dig all that D3O they got built in.

What do you guys think?

topazsparrow

Interesting concept, but I'm leary of all this tech integration in my riding gear. From the Skully to other similar products it seems like the focus is more about the tech than the quality of the gear itself.

I'd much rather pay the same amount of money (or less realistically), for a quality pair of shoes that offer great protection and supreme durability. I hate having to buy new gear and it feels like a lot of motorcycle gear on the market already falls apart after only a year or two (Looking at you Icon).

It'd be interesting to see how long the LED's and electronic portion of these boots hold up, it's kind of high wear & tear area.

• Premium Member

I haven't wanted my shoes to light up since I was 5 or 6 years old.

Still don't, but I can see where those might be someone's cup of tea here in the 21st Century.

Everything went braap.

i've been following these shoes. early $250 special is sold out. not sure i would pay $300 or more for a pair of shoes. think I'm gonna pass. $400 retail is rediculous.

booboobusfz07
Interesting concept, but I'm leary of all this tech integration in my riding gear. From the Skully to other similar products it seems like the focus is more about the tech than the quality of the gear itself. 
I'd much rather pay the same amount of money (or less realistically), for a quality pair of shoes that offer great protection and supreme durability. I hate having to buy new gear and it feels like a lot of motorcycle gear on the market already falls apart after only a year or two (Looking at you Icon).

It'd be interesting to see how long the LED's and electronic portion of these boots hold up, it's kind of high wear & tear area.

So what looks like a ton of D30 armor isn't enough for you?
They seem to blow most riding "shoes" away armor wise. Most don't have any actual armor besides the leather.
Yeah. They aren't a full motorcycle boot replacement. Not what they're trying to do

topazsparrow

So what looks like a ton of D30 armor isn't enough for you?
They seem to blow most riding "shoes" away armor wise. Most don't have any actual armor besides the leather.
Yeah. They aren't a full motorcycle boot replacement. Not what they're trying to do
It's more than enough. It's overkill and uneeded. 
The integrated lights are unnecessary and the same thing can be achieved by putting led strips on your rear sets. For 400 USD retail these shoes are nothing more than a novelty accessory that will likely not last more than a year or two of solid use.

As with all other tech gear implementations you have to consider what you have when those integrated components stop working... Which in this case is a 400 dollar pair of shoes with some D20 armor. Can you readily repair them if a solder connection breaks or corrodes? what about charging them?

Like I said... Interesting idea, but ultimately a waste of money at that price point. I could buy two pairs of boots that will last me 3 - 4 years each and be extremely comfortable and safe - for the same cost.

Archived