The MT-07 Forum

What do you think about these wheels?

pgeldz

• Premium Member

So, I'm getting tired of having my bike sit in the garage awaiting the next track day weekend when the weekends in-between have been gorgeous!  

Been thinking of getting a spare set of wheels so I can just switch back an forth.  I've located a set of wheels in both Black and Blue, so I was thinking of changing it up and get the Blue ones for the track.  Not so sure the Blue will match my front fender tho, even if it is an exact match to the Yamaha Blue color.

Did a super quick photoshop to see what it would look like.  The lighting wasn't the same for the photoshop with Blue wheels, but at least it gives me an idea of what it might look like.

tFYOCmyl.jpg
nUoGPxBl.jpg

I'm on the fence...what do you guys think?

:)

- Paulie

• Premium Member

In the photo, the blue looks close enough to call a match, but I know it can look different in person and in different light. I like them both, but I think I'd vote blue if it matches as well in person. The black looks a little meaner, and the blue looks a little more integrated (my humble opinion, which is worth exactly what you paid for it). :)

Why can't left turners see us?

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Blue and give me your black wheels Paulie.

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member

Why both of course sir.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator
Get the blue. You can always plasti dip.
Hes only getting the one set
looking to get a second set for street only duty

@pgeldz
blurple are a good match in photos
but only an in person match will tell

Any chance you have a spare decal you can take to the dealer to match with a blurple?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

@pgeldz that blue looks really good. i pick blue but i am biased. if you want an in person comparison let me know. ill meet you at the shop or somewhere closer...lol

• Premium Member

Blue

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Blue, blue and blue! Who likes a dull race machine but if it were my choice I would go with a brighter, day-glow-green.

Beemer

• Premium Member
Get the blue. You can always plasti dip.
Hes only getting the one set looking to get a second set for street only duty

@pgeldz

Any chance you have a spare decal you can take to the dealer to match with a blurple?

@sorkyah , I don't have any Blue stickers...the Blue on my bike is actually paint.  We used a spectrum analyzer gun on a new R6 for a perfect match.  Having said that, I'm still not convinced the Blue wheels are the same color.  Probably close enough though... 

@pgeldz that blue looks really good. i pick blue but i am biased. if you want an in person comparison let me know. ill meet you at the shop or somewhere closer...lol

@12ival, thanks for the offer! And now that I think about it @sorkyah, the blue part on sticker on the side of my headlight was actually painted Blue, so I'll have to see if I have a spare and then get with @12ival to check it out :)

My initial thoughts were the same as @rowdy mentioned...that the Black looks meaner, but I'm still on the fence, LoL!

- Paulie

• Premium Member

I like them both! The blue does seem to pop in the photo, but I have a feeling the blues might not match...

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

What about wets for the black wheels? Do people run them on rainy track days?

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Global Moderator
Hes only getting the one set looking to get a second set for street only duty

@pgeldz

@sorkyah , I don't have any Blue stickers...the Blue on my bike is actually paint.  We used a spectrum analyzer gun on a new R6 for a perfect match.  Having said that, I'm still not convinced the Blue wheels are the same color.  Probably close enough though... 

@12ival, thanks for the offer! And now that I think about it @sorkyah, the blue part on sticker on the side of my headlight was actually painted Blue, so I'll have to see if I have a spare and then get with @12ival to check it out :)

My initial thoughts were the same as @rowdy mentioned...that the Black looks meaner, but I'm still on the fence, LoL!

- Paulie

I'll sell ya my blacks if the insurance decides what the hell theyre actually doing

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
How about aftermarket??? 

yamaha-mt-07-1.jpg

I've looked at aftermarket wheels, but if I was going to do that I'd hold off for Rotobox carbons. They are supposed to come out with a 5.5 inch wheel this November. Don't want to go with a 6 inch conversion for handling reasons (5.5 with a 180 tire is better overall).

My issue with aftermarket wheels is the cost. The Rotobox are like $3500, and for that kind of money I'd just buy an R3 and use it as a dedicated lightweight track bike :)

@sorkyah, how much would you want for them? I'm looking for a complete set, to include rotors, so I can just swap back and forth (I'll install my own tires and sprocket :)

- Paulie

Archived