The MT-07 Forum

Calling Akrapovic Carbon Owners... Q's

bmwpowere36m3

bmwpowere36m3

Hey, did any of you receive an 02 sensor plug with your Akrapovic Carbon exhausts? I got the adapter, not the plug. It's called out on the online parts list, but not sure if it comes with the exhaust... I figured id get a quicker response here, before mailing Akrapovic in Slovania.

Second, for those running the 2WDW flash tune... are you running with the 02 sensor disconnected?

i am not sure what plug you are talking about. but mine did not come with one. i run mine with baffle out 2wdw flash with o2 sensor in.

Guest ChicagoAJ

If you run it without the 02 sensor, just pick up a bung from an auto parts store to plug it up. With their tune I would suspect the bike would run better without the 02 sensor because it's already tuned for precise fueling. Might get some surging with the 02 sensor in in the lower RPM range because the engine will be trying to correct for the 02 readings.

• Premium Member

No plug, just an adapter. If you run with the sensor out, just disconnect it at the plug and don't worry about plugging the hole (leave the sensor in the exhaust)

bmwpowere36m3
i am not sure what plug you are talking about. but mine did not come with one. i run mine with baffle out 2wdw flash with o2 sensor in. 

It plugs the bung in the collector, if you choose not to install the 02 sensor.

bmwpowere36m3
No plug, just an adapter. If you run with the sensor out, just disconnect it at the plug and don't worry about plugging the hole (leave the sensor in the exhaust)

If I end up disconnecting the 02 sensor, then there's no point in having it installed. Akrapovic has a plug $10, just not sure if it should come with the exhaust.

bmwpowere36m3

I should rephrase that... I haven't installed the 02 sensor yet. My plan was to run without, with the 2WDW tune based on what I remember hearing from folks here.

So I could thread in the 02 sensor and not connect it OR plug the bung and put the sendor away in a dark corner ;)

I received an adapter and that's all you need. I was told by the good folks at Dobeck that you don't have to take the 02 sensor off or detach the connecting wire to it because anything over idle speed (1500 rpm) is managed by the EJK controller. The 02 sensor isn't doing a thing while plugged in and disconnecting it whether sensor in or out makes no difference to anything, it's essentially been lobotomized by the EJK controller. That's how I have mine set up and it runs fine so you can use the adapter, screw the 02 sensor back in and leave the wire hooked up to it, if you want, or disconnect it.

Beemer

bmwpowere36m3
I received an adapter and that's all you need. I was told by the good folks at Dobeck that you don't have to take the 02 sensor off or detach the connecting wire to it because anything over idle speed (1500 rpm) is managed by the EJK controller. The 02 sensor isn't doing a thing while plugged in and disconnecting it whether sensor in or out makes no difference to anything, it's essentially been lobotomized by the EJK controller. That's how I have mine set up and it runs fine so you can use the adapter, screw the 02 sensor back in and leave the wire hooked up to it, if you want, or disconnect it.
That's good to know as far as the EJK.  I have an ECU flash planned… so I'm not sure how the O2 sensor interacts with it.  My understanding is it does trim fueling in the part throttle range (for economy and emissions).

That's good to know as far as the EJK.  I have an ECU flash planned… so I'm not sure how the O2 sensor interacts with it.  My understanding is it does trim fueling in the part throttle range (for economy and emissions).
Yeah, right, an ECU flash. Sorry, I forgot. I don't imagine though, with any controller or ECU flash the 02 sensor is going to be working at all but I could be wrong. I would talk to who ever is going to do your ECU flash if no one here can tell you exactly what you need to know but it looks like some people know. 

Beemer

bmwpowere36m3

Yeah, I sent Nels (2WDW) a PM… I know the stock ECU trims fuel with the O2 sensor. I don't know whether the ECU flash changes that authority or "simply" changes other parameters (map fuel map, timing, etc…).

I just texted 2WDW and was told to leave the sensor plugged in. I'm running akrapovic carbon. Just installed my ecu today!

Archived