The MT-07 Forum

My Woodcraft Clip-ons story

12ival

After researching here on the forums, i pulled the trigger on some Woodcraft Clip-ons with 1.5" rise.

Ordered them from Bellissimoto last Friday and had the time to pick them up yesterday (Great Experience by the way. I recommend them highly).

Well anyway, Smart Me decided to start install at midnight after work. My buddy installed his at the same time on his 09. well after 5 hours of being tired and no knowing what i was doing and messing around, it was finished.

8367246aa5f5cf365c3f7a4e8d3497c8.jpg

d5b7134875a9c54a0689d82e2df20d58.jpg

This thing looks even more awesome than before. high quality product.

i installed them in the down position and wow! its fun! way different position. gotta get used to it but we'll see.

About to take a trip to San Diego so up position might be in my future. lol.

If you got these i would like to hear your experience, tips, advice, warnings.

jchin3081

I'm happy with mine. I'm just wondering how much of an issue I will have installing the short Yamaha fly screen with the clip-ons. Probally have to make a new bracket or use washers, but hoping it will still look nice too.

I'm happy with mine. I'm just wondering how much of an issue I will have installing the short Yamaha fly screen with the clip-ons. Probally have to make a new bracket or use washers, but hoping it will still look nice too.
my givi doesn't fit with them in down position. sucks. i think @jeffkisthename made a bracket for his

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

I love my Woodcrafts. I don't remember what the stock bars feel like anymore, but I know I'm happier with the Woodcrafts. Some advice...you will need some rear sets. It's not an option I highly suggest that as one of your next purchase items. It'll be a much more comfortable riding position with them.

As far as screens go, you might be able to get away with more screen options in the up position. In the down position, you'll have to be selective with the screen you choose, because they may hit the clip-ons. As of late, I've been running no windscreen, because I might be trying out a new headlight, but that's another story.

I'm glad you like your bars. I know I do.

SigSide.jpg

I'm still debating on which handlebar mod to go with. Been leaning towards either the suburban machinery m1 bars or the woodcraft clip-ons. Just don't have any local riders here who have either for me to see in person! Blehhh LA lol

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
I'm still debating on which handlebar mod to go with. Been leaning towards either the suburban machinery m1 bars or the woodcraft clip-ons. Just don't have any local riders here who have either for me to see in person! Blehhh LA lol
Try and get a hold of @maxhfz. He's in Socal somewhere.i could be wrong, but maybe in SD. He works at a huge bike dealer, so it might be worth the trip just to go browse around.

SigSide.jpg

I love my Woodcrafts. I don't remember what the stock bars feel like anymore, but I know I'm happier with the Woodcrafts. Some advice...you will need some rear sets. It's not an option I highly suggest that as one of your next purchase items. It'll be a much more comfortable riding position with them.  
As far as screens go, you might be able to get away with more screen options in the up position. In the down position, you'll have to be selective with the screen you choose, because they may hit the clip-ons. As of late, I've been running no windscreen, because I might be trying out a new headlight, but that's another story.

I'm glad you like your bars. I know I do.
just ordered gilles factor rear sets from the group buy. can't wait.

come to vegas. lol...close enough. or I'll be in San Diego in two weeks.

@pgeldz had both suburban machinery and woodcraft. check out his build thread.

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost

If you don't have any one to ride w/ in san diego let me know. Glad you like the clip-ons

• Global Moderator
If you don't have any one to ride w/ in san diego let me know. Glad you like the clip-ons
Thought you were moving down here cherry

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
Thought you were moving down here cherry
Where's "down here?"  

• Premium Member

Did somebody say ride? I have yet to make it down to SD! Let me knoooowwwwww

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
Let's get past May 13th first ;) 
Down to meet at Ortega too. Rode that for the first time in a decade or so, there are some FUN sections. Much more enjoyable on a bike than in a car

• Premium Member
Let's get past May 13th first ;) 
Down to meet at Ortega too. Rode that for the first time in a decade or so, there are some FUN sections. Much more enjoyable on a bike than in a car
I did Ortega two weeks ago! Too much traffic and a bit windy once we got to the Lookout. But totally down!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Those look great @12ival! 
:)

- Paulie
liking it so far...havent takena long enough ride though...lol

Archived