The MT-07 Forum

sidestand switch

ratlab

• Premium Member

my switch went bad while riding the bike and killed it.iv'e had them go bad and refuse to start,but never while on the go.backordered till june 20.the dealer i was closest to won't bypass the switch and wants me to leave the bike there for 2 months.lol

jchin3081

What the heck is up with these parts for our bikes being on backorder for months. The dealer tried to make me wait until June for my part (different part) also. Luckily I got it sooner, but should have never been an issue in the first place.

• Global Moderator

To bypass it just short the wires together
I did that and removed the sensor because it was intermittently not starting in gear even with the clutch pulled in

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

my switch went bad while riding the bike and killed it.iv'e had them go bad and refuse to start,but never while on the go.backordered till june 20.the dealer i was closest to won't bypass the switch and wants me to leave the bike there for 2 months.lol
Did you ask him how he would like your boot up his ass for two months?  ::)

Beemer

• Global Moderator
Another separate issue may be the clutch switch connect, located right under the turn signal switches and a bit to the right. Check that connection to make sure it's all the way in. 

Clutch switch only affects starting not.riding
if the sidestand switch drops out while riding the bike will die

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived